- Personal Finance»
- Frugal Living
Deals Worth Waiting For: Starbucks BOGO Afternoons!
Starbucks in Fall
No one had to tell me that it's Fall at Starbucks. I knew a couple weeks ago when the famed PSL (Pumpkin Spice Latte) returned in all its sugary sweet glory joined by pumpkin favorites like pumpkin bread, pumpkin cream cheese muffins and the mysterious pumpkin cookie!
Now that the days are growing shorter and the weather is cooling, I'm drawn in for hot lattes and warm cups of cocoa. I need the caffeine to get up early since the run is rising later, and I stay later in the evening to see the sun fall through the Starbucks window on a tree-lined street.
Fall is about the changing of seasons, the deep breath before winter chills, and sweater vests. And Starbucks embodies all of that really. It feels like Thanksgiving without the turkey, like Halloween if you go to a city location, and I love both those things.
Yet Another Deal Worth Waiting For
One of the ideas that lead to the birth of DealsForALiving is that navigating deals and maximizing resources makes life easier and more joyful. It spans everything that I'm passionate about in food, technology, news and media consumption, the workday and my work, and in relationships. The more I can share these things, then the more I get to see and hear people benefiting from these deals, and these snippets of wisdom (that's how I see it).
Closest to my heart are national and international deals that are offered by big brands, because they are there for the taking by thousands, even millions, of people. What comes to mind are Labor Day sales on furniture, annual food events, Black Monday, Cyber Friday, and end of the year clearance sales. And so I want to write about these things so you can join me in enjoying the fruits of our long wait!
Starbucks BOGO Deal
Starbucks Buy One, Get One
What's your favorite Starbucks Fall drink?
What's your favorite Starbucks Fall drink?
Starbucks BOGO Details
The real reason you're reading is because you've already decided that you're going to Starbucks in the next few days and you've heard about a BOGO deal. Well, here are the details:
- Buy any fall drink between 2 – 6 PM and get one free to share (BOGO)
- Fall drinks include Pumpkin Spice, Salted Caramel Mocha and Teavana Oprah Chai lattes either cold or hot (including Frappucinos)
- This offer starts on Wednesday, 9/17 and ends on Sunday, 9/21 so there's only 5 BOGO afternoons
So it starts today, and you've got 5 days to take advantage. Without much effort that means you can get 5 free drinks. And if you're willing to travel, then the options are endless!
Starbucks Fall Drinks BOGO
I believe that being frugal and making smart money choices is like any other exercise. As we continue to practice good habits in saving money where possible, finding deals for what we want, and having a good time at it, then we become better at dealing for a living.
I'm committed to sharing my experiences with getting the most out of using credit cards, saving and spending tips, and I might even add a slice of perspective without trying to be a psychoanalyst like some other personal finance folks out there.
Please let me know what you think and if you'd like to hear my take on a specific topic.
Best Uses for Starbucks BOGO
Sometimes when you have a truly outstanding deal, then you need to give yourself reasons to enjoy it. After closing my eyes for what seemed like an eternity, I came up with enough reasons to enjoy at least a handful of free afternoon Starbucks Fall drinks:
- Buy a drink for yourself and bring one home for your partner. Hot drinks hold up better obviously since cold drinks' ice will melt.
- Buy a drink for a co-worker or boss. Nothing will get you more points for your over-exhausted boss than saying you care with a cup of Teavana Oprah Chai.
- Pay off an old debt. A small one of course. But if you owe someone a few bucks, surprise them with a free latte and they'll forgive you.
- Buy yourself a second drink. Lattes don't come with free refills so go ahead and treat yourself to a second drink right then and there. You can either suck them down back to back or save one for later.
- Do all of these in one afternoon. The most fun you can have is if you're surrounded by Starbucks where you work or live. Go ahead and do the BOGO at 2-3 locations so you're armed with plenty of gifts for friends, co-workers and 1 for your most loved one. It'll be the most rewarding day of your Fall season.