Easy Ways To Increase Google Adsense Revenue on Articles and Blogs
Have you truly done everything you can to increase google adsense revenue?
This article is written under the assumption that you already have content published. I'll cover a few easy google adsense methods on how to increase your revenue, but the main topic I'll be covering is how to increase your organic search engine traffic through keyword optimization. I'll also cover some great free google adsense tools that I use. Let's get started increasing your google adsense revenue!
Google Adsense Revenue Strategies
There are several ways to go about identifying how you can increase your revenue.
- Identify one article or one page of a website that needs improving. (It's easier to tackle in chunks!)
- Determine the keyword/s of your content.
- Research to discover how much traffic you should/could be getting.
- If possible, take the appropriate measures to revamp your page and info to increase traffic.
- Repeat the process with other articles or pages within your site.
Identify An Article or Page to Improve
If you approach this method in a systematic approach and do one page at a time, you'll be able to fine tune the results you want thus increasing your google adsense revenue.
First, do you want to try to increase an article that is getting 5 views a day or 50 views a day? That is up to you. Choose the article that you want to improve and continue on to step 2.
Identify Your Keywords
When you wrote your article or page, did you stop to do keyword research? Chances are, if you're not getting the type of revenue that you think you deserve, you didn't do your research or your research was incorrect.
If your article is titled: "cars and mufflers" and you are writing about nissan sentra mufflers, then your keyword phrase is probably mufflers or nissan sentra mufflers and your title is incorrect. It should contain the researched keyword that you're aiming for in it's exact phrase.
If your keyword is just one word, it is going to be very hard for you to get good traffic! There are 301,000 forms of search for the word muffler and there is no way you can get your article or your page even onto the front page of google with all the competition. That is why, I always choose keyword phrases with 2-4 and sometimes 5 words, also known as long-tail keywords.
Also - what about the topic you chose - nissan sentra mufflers? The chances are you are already on the front page for this topic. It gets only 170 searches per month and Google's first page of results has limited PR competition.
The issue here is that you chose to write an article that gets limited traffic because limited people are searching for the topic. There would honestly be no point in trying to improve an article that gets limited traffic to begin with and has lot Google Adsense CPC (cost per click) estimates.
So, am I telling you that your article with only 170 potential views a month is worthless in terms of earning adsense income? Well, it's not valuable enough that you should spend time worrying that it's only getting 2 views a day - you simply can't increase that. Let's move on and look at another article that you can fix to help your google adsense revenue.
Join HubPages and Start Earning!
If you found this article for a search engine and would like to sign up and start earning on HubPages by using the information provided in this article, you can take the tour and sign up here at this link:
Research the Traffic You Should/Could Be Getting
Chances are you DO have content that can be improved. So take sometime, look over your articles and find one that has a topic or keyword/keywords with limited competition but still get at least 2,000 searches a month.
All you do is simply type in your keyword phrase, enter pink pineapple, change match type to "exact" and click "get keywords". Now, you'll see that pink pineapple gets around 5,400 searches every month and it's CPC is only .45cents. Hmmm. I only like to choose keywords that pay, at a minimum $2.50 a click (this is because you never get the full price, you might end up getting $0.75 from $2.50 and only .10 cents from .45 cents. Not a very lucrative topic, but if you've already written about it...there is hope to improve your traffic with 5,400 monthly searches.
The next thing to do is go to google search and enter your keyword phrase. When I entered pink pineapple there were NO ads that displayed to the right hand of the screen on the search results page. This means, there are no relevant ads available at the moment. This keyword is a total waste of my time.
Keep researching your topics and keywords to locate better keywords within them that do have moderate monthly searches, have reasonable CPCs and that you can compete with other sites on the first page of Google's ranking. (To know if you can compete for the first page, use a PR checker tool such as SEO Quake or do a google search for a web-based PR checker). If there are sites with 0,1 & 2 PRS on the front page, then I go for it. Since I only write articles and don't have a website, I can't compete well with anything about a PR of 2 or higher.
Revamping to Increase Traffic
Now that you've ID'ed some better keywords for your articles or pages, follow these suggestions to help better rank your page in google, thus increasing targeted traffic, thus increasing your google adsense revenue!
- Change the title of your page to a keyword phrase (or two keyword phrases) that are identical to the keyword that you are competing for traffic from google. If you're writing about purple cat jewelry and just call your page 'cat jewelry', you'll never get ranked high and if you do, you're traffic won't be targeted and your readers may not click on your links. Use the phrase "purple cat jewelry" for better, targeted results.
- Within the body of your article, look for all the words that relate to your keyword, perhaps 'it' or 'this piece' or 'this item'. Change those words to purple cat jewelry. A good rule of thumb is to have a keyword density of 5-9%. (It's what I aim for, but everyone has a different method)
- You also shouldn't have any other keywords that rank higher than your targeted keywords in your article. To get your keyword density check out http://www.keyworddensity.com.
- Do you have photos on your page? Save them to your hard drive and rename them to the keyword title with dashes (-) sepearating each word "my-keyword-phrase", then re-upload them. This helps Google know your page is really about my-keyword-phrase.
- Make sure to bold your keyword phrase at least once (don't overdo this!)
- Also include your keyword phrase in <h2 headers.
Google Adsense Tips - Where to Go From Here
Now that your keyword density and title are hopefully all straightened out, you are now on the path to seeing a jump in your google adsense revenue.
It would also be beneficial at this point for you to build backlinks from other high PR sites that have anchored link text.
(If any of these terms seem foreign to you, use google!) I can't even begin to tell you how much I began to learn once I started researching my own answers, rather than just depending on others. It's great to read articles (like this one) to get a basic knowledge, but finding out small little answers here and there really builds up your knowledge and will help you earn more with google adsense, too.
What Are Your Current Monthly Google Adsense Earnings?
Other Articles of Interest
Join HubPages and Earn Passive Income with Adsense, Amazon Affiliates & eBay!
Write and publish articles (all for free), have them appear in Google and earn money with Hubpages! If you would like to sign up and start earning on HubPages by using the information provided in this article, you can take the tour and sign up here at this link: