SafeLink Free Cell Phone & Service: Available For Low Income Families, Disabled & Seniors
Free Cell Phones For Low Income Families, Elderly, Disabled.
If this bad economy has reaped havoc on your income and your life, having to worry about keeping telephone service could be one less thing (and bill) you have to stress over. There is a government supported free cell phone program that you might be eligible for. It also provides free monthly minutes in addition to the free cell phone. Times are hard for people from all walks of life. Many people are in financial straits for reasons beyond their control. People who’ve lost their job in this terrible economy make up only a small segment of the population that have been hit hard. Elderly citizens on a fixed income, disabled persons, a single parent abandoned by a spouse, widowed persons, and people recovering from a devastating health crisis are just a few examples of the kind of people who may need assistance. We all need a means to call for help in emergency situations, especially the defenseless and women who are alone.
The program that provides free phones for low income families is called SafeLink. Again, this is a government supported free cell phone program. Not only is it for low income families, but also provides free cell phone service for disabled persons, and the elderly. It was created by TracFone who pays for the cell phones and for the cost for promoting it’s SafeLink program to consumers. No tax dollars are used to pay for the phones. The program is funded by the telecommunications companies. SafeLink has over 2 million customers in the program. It is currently available in 31 states.
Basic Qualifications To Get A Free Cell Phone w/ Monthly Minutes.
- You must live in a state that participates in the program.
- Your total household income is at or below the poverty guidelines set by your state and/or the federal government. If you’re already in a state or federal assistance program you probably qualify for SafeLink.
- You must not already have someone in your household currently getting Lifeline service through another telephone carrier.
- You must have a valid U.S. Postal address. In order for the free phone to be shipped, you must live at a residence. No P.O. Boxes can be accepted.
Free phones for low income families and free phone service for low income families is not a scam. As seen on t.v., it is a federally funded, government supported free cell phone program.
The SafeLink Free Cell Phone Program Is Not A Scam.
Here's only one of many televised media investigations into the free cell phone program. They found the SafeLink program to be both true and legitimate.
To Apply, Go To SafeLink.com or Call 1-800-SAFELINK
Exact benefits vary from state to state but a basic list of benefits you can expect are:
- A free cell phone
- Free monthly minutes
- No Bills
- No Contracts but Must re-qualify each year
- Wireless Cell Phone Service At No Cost
- Free Features: Caller ID, Call Waiting, Voicemail
- Text Messages (for a small cost)
- Unused minutes rollover to the next month
- Additional talk time can be added
- Technical service and support
- 911 calls are free
- The phone is yours to keep when you no longer need to be on the program
SafeLink is currently available in these 31 states. (12/1/10)
District of Columbia
*** A Basic Guideline To Help Determine Eligibility.
Number of Person in Household
Total Annual Income
Total Monthly Income
*** If your total family income falls within this guide (at the amount shown or less), you may be eligible to get a free cell phone with free monthly minutes.
You can learn more about the SafeLink free cell phone program by calling 1-800-SAFELINK or visiting www.SafeLink.com. You can enroll over the phone or through the website.
Join HubPages & earn money writing articles 24/7. The Internet never sleeps.