Free Online Budgeting Software
There are many free online budgeting software programs out there. It is essential to know which ones are easy to use, secure, and helpful in making a budget. Most software is comparable in how to use them; first accounts, bills, income, etc. need to be input. Once the system access the reports, they will upload the new information each month whenever the user logs in. The system then gives a brief overview of the finances. Most offer charts that will break down what kind of spending and what percentage of the income is on gas, food, etc. Some even give helpful tips on saving and budgeting. Each software varies slightly; here is a breakdown of some of the best ones out there.
- It allows you to tag transactions and organize them to your specifications.
- Multiple people may work on the same account, great for small businesses.
- Access to numerous accounts at one quick view.
- Able to set monthly limits to prevent overspending.
- It has a mobile page, so you can check the site wherever you and your phone are.
- The main display is effortless to view, contains graphs and your balances.
- Able to share money-saving tips with other users.
- Able to rate tips and suggestions that others give and view the best tips by other users.
- Only shows you tips that are relevant to your spending habits, you can view local or global tips!
Mint.com Overview: The Best Free Way to Manage Your Money
- Securely connects to your accounts.
- Able to see all your accounts in one place.
- It organizes your spending into categories; such as clothes, gas, etc.
- It allows you to set saving goals and watch the progress.
- You can set alerts so that it alerts you of low balances, payments due, etc.
- Notifies you of large purchases, protecting you from identity theft.
- It uses graphs and charts for easy viewing and understanding of your financial situation.
- It shows you where you might be able to save money with loans and credit cards.
- Keeps you aware of fees.
- Apps for your phone!
- It uses 128-bit encryption that banks use, which protects your information. They also use physical security "verified by TRUSTe and VeriSign, and supported by RSA Security."
- Have been positively reviewed by The Wall Street Journal, Money, and The New York Times.
Tour of ClearCheckBook.com - Personal Money Manager
- All your accounts can be seen at one glance.
- It allows you to customize your main page for your best viewing experience.
- It contains budget software that you do not need to login to the Internet.
- It tracks how you spend your money into categories.
- You can easily balance your checkbook.
- Projects your spending to help you see where your financial situation will be in the future if the trend continues.
- Notifies you when your bills are due.
- It allows you to set spending limits.
- It connects to your android and other mobile devices.
- They safeguard their site with electronic, physical, and managerial procedures.
- Have been positively reviewed numerous times, which you can find on their website.
- Automatically categorizes your expenses to give you a better idea of your spending.
- It allows you to set spending limits to help you maintain healthy spending habits.
- Send alerts to your phone.
- Sends email reminders when your bills are due.
- You can set saving goals.
- It allows you to make payments online.
- It is accessible through most mobile devices!
- Uses McAfee to keep information safe from hackers, as well as uses 256-bit encryption.
- It contains several positive reviews on their website.
I have had personal experience with each of these sites. They all are very secure. Often this is the most significant deterrent for many to use these sites, but with all the safeguards, as long as you are responsible with your passwords, you will have a safe, easy time using these sites.
Some tips to keep yourself secure:
- Change passwords frequently.
- Use a mix of caps locks, lowercase letters, numbers, and even letters with accent marks.
- Do not use easy to decode passwords like your birth date, your daughter's birthdate, etc.
- Do not use the same password for all your sites.
- Only check your accounts on secure connections, like your home Internet connection.
Do you think an online software program would be beneficial for your household?
© 2013 Angela Michelle Schultz