How to Apply for Helb Loan
How To Apply For Helb Loan
This is a step by step guide on how to apply for HELB loan. The Higher Education Loans Board has been offering educational loans to university going students. Of late, they have introduced a new loan scheme for college students.
The hub will help you apply for the loan type you want without hustles. The whole process is done online. So, it is not possible to download a form, fill it of-line and then drop it to their offices. However you will have to print the form that you will fill online and have it signed by various people, take it to your bank and then drop it at HELB's offices.
Procedures That You Should Follow to Apply for HELB Loan
- The first stage is to gain access to the HELB website. This can be done by typing www.helb.co.ke on your browsers address bar. Alternatively, you just Google HELB and click on the first link that appears. By doing this, you will land to their home page where you will have to scroll all the way down to HELB downloads.
- Click on the download button.
- Select what you want to achieve from the HELB site.
These are the available options:
- Online loan application forms (undergraduate loans / Bursary-scholarship application / postgraduate-continuing Education)
- Repayment downloads
- Suppliers downloads
- Helb compliance form
Money is What You Need
Create Your Helb Account
4. A new window will appear where you will have to log in – if you already have an account or sign up – to create a new account (for first time applicants).
5. To create an account you click on the 'Create HELB account button'. The details required here are National ID Number, First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, KRA PIN NO, if you don't have a pin number check here on how to apply for KRA Pin, Email address, Confirm Email address, provide a Password: (Minimum of six characters), Confirm Password: Then click on register button.
6. Once your account has been created, log in in using your email and password you provided when creating the account in step (5) above to access the loan form.
7. Fill the forms online, print and submit the forms as instructed.
8. Do not be discouraged if the website misbehaves. It sometimes does so, be persistent and keep on trying.
Helb Approved Banks
Successful applicants will have their accounts credited before the beginning of each semester. Students are advised to open accounts with any of the following collaborating banks:
- Equity Bank
- Kenya Commercial Bank
- Cooperative Bank of Kenya
- National Bank of Kenya
- Kenya Post Office Savings Bank (Postbank)
When the time for application has expired, the links are removed from the HELB's website until the right time comes.
- Print two copies of the duly filled Loan Application Form.
- Have the form appropriately filled, signed and stamped by the relevant authorities and guarantors.
- Sign the form and attach all the necessary documents as indicated in the checklist appearing on the last page of the Loan Application Form.
- Present one copy of the duly completed Loan Application Form and all the attached supporting documents at any of the following:
- Select Huduma Centres: Nairobi GPO, Kakamega, Eldoret, Nakuru, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nyeri, Embu Machakos, Kisii, Bungoma, Turkana, Meru, Kitui, Kericho, Nandi [Kapsabet], Thika, Garissa and Kitale for free and secure delivery to HELB Head Office.
- HELB Student Centre on Mezzanine One [M1], Anniversary Towers, University Way, Nairobi
- Retain one copy of the duly filled LAF [Mandatory].
- Please ensure that you read, understand and follow the instructions provided at the beginning of the online loan application process.
HIGHER EDUCATION LOANS BOARD CONTACTS
Anniversary Towers, 18th Floor,
University Way, P.O. Box 69489 00400
Tel: 251877/246590/1, Fax: 252330
Was this information helpful?
© 2012 Patrick Kamau