How To Save Money On Entertainment Expenses
How To Save Money On Movies
How To Save Money On Entertainment
If you are looking for ways to save money on entertainment, you have come to the right place. Saving money on entertainment expenses is not terribly difficult, it is just a matter of making choices and planning ahead. You may not even realize what options are available to save money on entertainment, from movies at a cinema to television at home to other forms of entertainment outside of the home. There is no need to bust your budget just so you can relax and enjoy some entertainment after working hard all week.
An Entertainment Book Provides Entertainment Discounts
Some Practical Ways To Save Money On Entertainment
The idea of ditching your expensive monthly cable bill for much less costly Internet-based television and movie services is no longer just for techies. Anybody can cut the cord from their cable television provider and watch television and movies streamed through the Internet. Savings on entertainment can also be had on things you do outside of the home, such as seeing movies, attending events, and even dinners at restaurants. Following these useful tips, you can save a significant amount of money on entertainment over the course of a year.
- Cut The Cord From Your Cable TV Provider – All you need to cut the cord from your cable television provider is a high speed Internet connection and a subscription to Hulu or Netflix to get the television shows and movies you want streamed to your television, at fraction of the cost of cable television. You also need to invest in a smart television that has either Blue Tooth wireless or a network wire connection. Hulu and Netflix subscriptions are less than $10 per month. Local television broadcasters broadcast in High Definition (HD) television, and can provide additional free access to television programming, once you are free of your cable television provider. While cable television costs vary widely, the average bill for cable television that includes a movie channel or two can easily be $70 per month. If you cut the cord and get your television from Hulu or Netflix and local broadcasters, you can save $60 per month or $720 per year.
- If You Aren’t Ready To Cut The Cord, Consider Reducing Your Cable TV Service – Taking the plunge and cutting the cable television cord is too drastic a step for some people. However, do not be wasteful with what you spend on your monthly cable television bill. Review which channels you actually watch and if it is not many, then see if there is a lower cost tier that is more in line with your viewing habits to save money on your monthly cable bill. Once you look at what channels you actually watch and how much you are paying for channels that you do not watch, you may realize that you are paying for a level of service that you do not really need. If reducing your cable television service to a lower level saves you $20 per month that will add up to $240 per year in your pocket.
- Use Daily Deals Sites Such As Groupon To Purchase Cheap Entertainment – Internet sites such as Groupon, Living Social, and Amazon Deals, offer discounts on a wide variety of entertainment options. They do not even cost anything to use. You just sign-up with your email address, and they send you daily entertainment deals. If you are looking for a particular deal, such as a restaurant, golf outing, or even a local festival, you can use the site’s search functions to see what entertainment deals are currently available in your area. While you have to be flexible, using daily deals sites can add up to considerable savings over the course of a year.
- Check Your Local Wholesale Discount Stores For Entertainment Discounts – With so many items to choose from, some consumers fail to realize that wholesale discount stores, such as BJ’s Wholesale, Costco, and Sam’s Club, often sell steeply discounted tickets to movie theaters and gift cards for local restaurants. Savings on the order of 20% to 30% for movie tickets and meals are possible when you plan ahead and buy discounted tickets or gift cards at wholesale retailers.
- Buy An Entertainment Book For Entertainment Discounts – An entertainment book can be a good source of entertainment discounts; however, there is a nominal up-front cost to purchase an entertainment book, so you have to take a look at what is inside of the entertainment book you are considering purchasing to ensure that the savings outweigh the initial cost. If the entertainment book has a number of coupons for places that you are likely to visit in the coming year, then the up-front cost could translate into much larger savings over the course of a year. Entertainment books are usually sold by non-profit organizations to raise money, so check with your local non-profits to see if any are offering them, or they can be purchased online at amazon.com and entertainment.com.
How To Save Money Everyday With The Entertainment Book
How To Use The Money You Save On Entertainment
Over the course of the year, savings on entertainment costs can add up to a considerable amount of money; well over $1,000. While it may be prudent to put the money you save on entertainment costs into a savings account or pay off debt, another possibility is to use the money you save on entertainment during the year to take an entertaining trip somewhere. Of course, there is no need to stop being frugal when you book a vacation. The Internet is full of discount vacation sites, such as Priceline.com, that can be used to buy a vacation package at a reduced rate. Also, wholesale discount stores sometimes offer vacation packages at deep discounts, so check to see what they are offering.
Saving Money On Entertainment Poll
What Would You Do With The Money You Save On Entertainment?
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2014 John Coviello