- Personal Finance
How To Start Day Trading
If you are anything like most people, chances are good you are getting sick and tired of just living day-to-day. You are probably getting bored living your routine life, where you wake up at the same time every day, make breakfast, go to work, come back and then go to bed. That is what having a normal job will do to you, it sucks the life out of you. You have to spend your life-giving up your time you would much rather be doing something else to continue to put food on the table for your family.
I am sure at this point you want to get out of this lifestyle and live the life of freedom that you know you deserve. Day trading is an excellent way to make extra money and live the life you have always wanted to live, but you probably don’t even know where to start right? In this article I will be teaching you how to-day trade.
You have probably heard that day trading is complicated and it takes a very special person to be able to pull it off. The truth is learning how to start day trading isn’t as hard as it sounds! Sure, there might be a small learning curve but if you dedicate yourself to learning it you will be fine.
Have You Ever Heard Of Day Trading?
What Is Day Trading?
People are provided with different options and choices when it comes to generating income. Supposed you are tired with the fact that you live from one paycheck to another. You want an improvement – a change in your financial stability. You want to be able to enjoy the fruit of your hard work. You want to be able to enjoy great earnings from your relentless work. You want to be able to have a flexible time for your work and your personal life. Have you ever considered being involved in a day trading?
Let’s Start Off By Talking About What Day Trading Is:
Right now your biggest question is probably “what is day trading?” The easy way to define it is this: as a day trader you will be selling different types of financial instruments. This could be just about anything including currencies and stocks. I am sure you have seen some Forex commercials lately and have wondered what Forex is, well that’s a great example of day trading!
The Financial Freedom
The day trading provides an extra way to make money and the flexibility to manage your own financial arrangement. Whether you want to do it as your main financial income or you want to do it as a side job, it’s all up to you. Starting off may not as hard as you think although there are some learning curves that you need to understand if you want to succeed.
Day trading allows you to sell different kinds of financial instruments, like stocks, Forex, or currencies. Here are some of the financial instruments that you can sell in the trade.
Below is a list of the trading options that you can get into if you wanted to start today:
- Currencies: This is basically what Forex is, it stands for foreign exchange and it consists of the buying and selling of foreign currency.
- Forex. Known as the Foreign Exchange, this instrument deals mostly with currencies. As in other transactions, it mainly deals with the sales and also the purchase of currencies. The profits can be extremely huge but the risks are also bigger. As it is said, the bigger the profits, the bigger the risks. If you are going to participate in the Forex exchange market, be sure that you have a plan – and a good one. It would be wise if you can start slow and low until you get the hang of it. Forex is gaining in popularity but you need to keep in mind it is a high risk high reward/loss business strategy. If you are going to participate if Forex you need to make sure you have a solid business plan. You will make mistakes, but as long as you learn from those mistakes you will make money in the long run.
- Futures: This is a contract to buy a certain commodity. There is literally a limitless amount of commodities you can purchase including food, drinks oil, or anything else we as humans need for survival. When you want to buy a commodity, there is a contract to manage it all and it is called as the futures. There are limitless numbers and types of commodities that you can buy, such as oil, drinks, foods, or other types of things you need to survive.
- Stocks refer to the ownership of a company. When a company wants to get funds for their operation, they are opening themselves and selling their shares. You can have a part of the business through the stocks. In most cases, a new startup sells their stocks to the public. If they end up becoming very successful, you can enjoy the great benefits, especially from the financial view. It takes a while to learn how to deal with it but you can always expect a good financial earning from it. For those of you who want to get into day trading, chances are good that you will want to start with stocks. Stocks are basically when you share ownership of a certain company. When you purchase stock you are purchasing part of the company, if you purchase the stock of a new company and they end up being very successful, this is going to give you a great financial future. You will learn that stocks is a numbers game, sure you might lose on some, but you just drop the losers and keep the winners!
If you want to start the day trading, here are some basic things you will need:
- A computer and the internet access. You will deal with the online system, which is faster, simpler, and easier.
- A reliable and trusted broker. When you start, a broker will do. But if you are successful, having two brokers is pretty standard.
- Trading software. Such software can be pretty expensive and difficult to find but most brokers usually have one so if you already hire a broker, this problem is solved.
So How Can You Actually Get Started With Day Trading?
The first thing you should do is purchase a day trading guide to help you get started. There are many of them out there, it is best if you get one for beginners. Other than the guide, the things you will need are a computer with internet access. It is also best if you can hire a decent broker. In the future it is best to hire two, but for now you will be fine with just one.
The next thing you need is some sort of trading software. Finding a software that is high quality can be tough, but the good news is the fact that most brokers have their own software they can give you for free after you hire them.
You need to keep in mind that a day trading software does not teach you how to-day trade, nor does it do the trading for you. You are the one who is in charge and calling the shots, you make all the decisions. The software will just help make your life easier and keep you organized. It is important you understand that before you go out and purchase the software.
Once you have internet access, hire a broker, and get the software installed, you need to decide what type of trading you want to get into and talk to your broker about the options. Finding a good broker really is the key here when you want to start day trading, the good news is they are all over the place and you can find honest reviews of each broker on the internet.
I am not going to sit here and tell you if you start day trading today you will be able to quite your job by tomorrow, because you won’t. It is going to take some time to master, but the more you do it the better you will get at it and you will eventually be able to quite your day job and live the free life you have been wanting to live. One of the best tips I can give you is once you start to get the hang of day trading, teach others how to do it. There is no better way to learn all the details of something than actually teaching it. As long as you continue to learn you will be successful with day trading!
Day Trading Strategies for Beginners
Related finance articles
- Binary Options Trading 101 for Beginners
Binary Options are in its simplicity forecasts of share, index, currency or commodity price changes over a given period.