How To Withdraw Money From PayPal In Kenya Using NationHela Prepaid Card
PayPal Transfer in Kenya
Note That NationHela Service has Been Stopped
This NationHela service has been stopped for the moment but you can now withdraw PayPal money using Equity bank.
It has been a bit hard for Kenyans to withdraw their hard earned money from PayPal. Things have now changed and it is possible to withdraw money from your PayPal account. This has been made possible by the introduction of NationHela prepaid card.
NationHela is a simple, affordable, speedy and convenient international money transfer service that has been introduced by the Nation Media group. With this money transfer service, it is possible to send money in Kenya from any part of the world within a very short period of time.
Benefits of NationHela Visa Card
- You can be able to send money from PayPal account to your NationHela account.
- You can send money home to your family, friends and your relatives from your PayPal account, debit card or credit card.
- Money is sent to the recipients NationHela prepaid visa card or mobile phone.
- You can withdraw the money from any VISA branded ATM in Kenya or any other outlet worldwide, local agents or even send it to your MPESA, Airtel money or Yucash account.
- Once you transfer money to your phone, you can be able to pay bills for instance, electricity and water bills.
- With your card, you can purchase goods and services locally and you can also make online purchases.
Procedure of Acquiring the Card
The NationHela Visa card can be purchased from NationHela agents countrywide, Nation Media Group distributors, DTB bank and leading supermarkets (I bought mine at Uchumi near Anniversary Towers).
After buying the card, you should make sure you activate it. It is activated using your mobile phone. After activating, your mobile phone number is set automatically as your account number, so guess what, you should not use someone's line for activation. Once the card is activated, you can now be able to receive money or load cash locally once.
The card should then be registered so as to enable you to access its full benefits. For this exercise, you will require a copy of your ID and then you fill a card registration form. Full access to your card will then be after 72 hours where now you can perform as many transactions as you want.
The Send Money Option
Fill in Your Details
Money Transfer From PayPal to NationHela
This is the better part for me. As I write this, I have already tested this card and it is absolutely good. Actually, I have already cashed my money which I used for testing this new service. The transfer process is very easy and it takes a very short time, mine took 2 days although their given time is 3 days.
To be able to transfer money, log in to NationHela website and on their homepage select send money here option located on the right-hand side.
You get to another page where still on the right-hand side you fill a small dialogue box. Select country you are sending money to. If not there select others. Select currency (at the moment the only currency USD), type the amount and click submit.
After submitting, you will be taken to the transaction page. On this page, you will be able to confirm the number of funds you are sending, transaction fee and the total money required to complete the transaction. After confirming, fill in recipients full names and phone number, then click send now button.
In the next page, you will be required to fill in your personal information and select the mode of payment. This is where you will select Paypal as your mode of payment.
- In the next screen, you will be taken to PayPal log in screen. Confirm the amount you are sending and submit. An Email will be sent to you from PayPal indicating that you have issued a payment. You will also receive another email from 3G indicating a payment has been made to your account.
- The waiting game - wait for NationHela to finalize your transaction, after which you will get an SMS on your phone and email confirming money has been sent to your account.
- The Nation Media has temporarily stopped the use of the card for withdrawing money from PayPal. Once things are back to normal, we will let you know.
- Equity Bank has launched a withdrawal service that will enable its members to withdraw their PayPal money.
Have you already acquired a NationHela prepaid card?
© 2012 Patrick Kamau