- Personal Finance»
- Frugal Living»
How to Get Home Depot Coupons / Gift Cards For Less
I Basically Live at Home Depot
Being a retail store owner, I'll be darned if there is a single week that passes that I don't have to go to Home Depot for SOMETHING, whether it be a tool, brackets, Liquid Nails... good grief. Check out my video below:
My Review of Home Depot
Ok So Enough of the Silly, Let's Start Saving
There's THREE main ways to save money at Home Depot. Well, four I guess if you want "duh advice" such as "Look at the Weekly Sale Paper", but assuming you already are aware that basically every franchise store has a "sale paper", let's move on -
Shop ONLINE and Pick Up In-Store. You can usually get better deals simply by shopping and paying online then select the store you want to pick-up at. TRICK: Create a 100% FREE Account with Mr.Rebates.com - you'll earn 5% cash back on ALL purchases at Home Depot (excluding Gift Cards). All you need to do is create your free account with Mr. Rebates then use their search box in the upper left hand corner and search for "Home Depot":
You will not only see the "rebate amount" but also Coupon Codes you can use.
Be sure to become familiar with the online SAVING CENTER on the Home Depot website. For example, todays (3-28-2013) Special Deal was 50% off a cool storage system:
Home Depot Gift Cards for Less
Here's a second trick. Let's say you KNOW you have a project coming up but you don't need to go to Home Depot at this very second in time; for example, let's say you know you need to replace some wood on your deck or buy paint to redo a bedroom or whatever the case may be....or maybe you're like me and always need to buy stuff and find yourself there constantly.
You can get Gift Cards on eBay to Home Depot for less than the value of the card. Even if you end up paying $15 for a $25 gift card, hey, you're still getting a few boxes of nails for free!
Here's some of the current eBay listings for Home Depot gift cards:
Shop Damaged, "Oops" and Sale Sections
Here's three great examples of how I saved money by purchasing items that were "imperfect":
1. I needed to paint a blue room in the store. I knew, based on size of the room, the the color I wanted to do the room in was going to take over two gallons of paint, but probably less than three. I purchased 2 gallons of the paint I really wanted at full price then shopped the "Oops Paint Section" and grabbed the blue they had - a full gallon for only $5! I used the "Oops - Blue" as an accent wall.
2. I needed to purchase snap together wood for a small area. I needed only 2 boxes. I was able to find a box that had the very top piece chipped. I got this box / case for 60% off due to the single chip. I used the chipped piece as my very corner piece. After trim was applied over it, the chip is covered!
3. Sale Sections are my favorite. If I know I need something, such as a light fixture, but I am open to ideas / designs, I will head immediately to the clearance section online or in-store. I can usually find something that will work and save 20% or more.
Another Savings Trick: Price Matching
Home Depot WILL pricematch on same items PLUS give you an additional 10% off.
Here's the Terms from Home Depots website:
"If you find a current lower price on an identical, in-stock item from any local retailer, we will match the price and beat it by 10%. Excludes special orders, bid pricing, volume discounts, open-box merchandise, labor and installation, sales tax, rebate and free offers, typographical errors and online purchases"
Which Do You Prefer to Shop At?
Most of All: BE CREATIVE
Below you will see a photo of a "dock theme table" I made for my retail stores "Ocean Room". The project looks complex and expensive but in reality, with a little creativity it was probably one of the easiest projects we have done!
A few pieces of wood cut to size, some "nautical looking" posts wrapped in thick "nautical inspired rope" and wood-looking-contact-paper!
My Home Depot DOCK TABLE
Check Out My Other Hubs
- How to Make a Nautical Ocean Chair
In this article I will teach you step-by-step how to make an incredible Nautical Theme / Ocean / Sea Chair for indoor or outdoor use
- Am I Being Stalked: Signs of Stalking Harassment
Do you feel like someone is Stalking you online or in-person? Learn signs of Stalking and Harassment. Stalking is NOT legal and you do not have to tolerate it! How to protect yourself from Stalkers.
- How to Stop Harassing Phone Calls from Google Voice ...
Google Voice is a service that allows users to make phone calls from a number other than their cell phone or landline. But what happens when the service is abused? Stop Harassment from Google Voice!
- How to Make a Taco Bell Cool Ranch Doritos Taco Copy...
Are you in love with the new Cool Ranch Doritos Taco from Taco Bell? Learn how you can make this awesome Copycat recipe at home!
- Paid To Write: Squidoo VS HubPages
The ultimate battle of the popular PAID TO WRITE sites - which makes more money? Which is easier to use? Is it worth your time? A complete Battle-to-Death!
- Fake Facebook Profiles: Are They Legal? Can I Get in...
So you want to make a fake Facebook profile to spy on an ex, catch a cheater or just bulk up your friends list? Before you do so, you may want to think twice.
- How to Find the Perfect Handbag, Purse or Tote: Buyi...
How to Purchase the Perfect Bag that Fits Your Personality and Budget!
- How to Report Internet Spam, Unwanted Calls, YouTube...
In my last article, I uncovered a new Domain Renewal Scam/ Spam. in todays article I will teach you exactly how to report Internet Spam, Scams and Harassment from them.
- What to Do if Yahoo Email Has Been Hacked
How to tell if your email has been
- How to Stop and Report Facebook Harassment Stalking
Cyber Bullying is everywhere; from Google Voice to Twitter to Facebook - learn how to identify Facebook harassment and report it. Harassment is not legal and you do not have to take it!
- How to Get Over a Cold Fast Real Home Remedies
There's never a
Just a Few Other Tricks
Join the Home Depot Mailing List and get customized email specials sent right to you as they are posted
Orange Insider:Sneak peaks at exclusive savings.
Local Ad:First-looks at specials from your nearest store.
Garden Club:All the news that's fit to pot, plus email-only offers.
How-To Newsletter:Tips, tricks, and tools for tons of projects.
Special Buy of the Day:The name says it all. Daily deals, delivered.
PRO:Deals designed to make your job easier.
ALSO, if you are looking to do a project, check out the Home Depot Blog. They have a lot of great ideas that are posted from all over the internet, including Instagram, YouTube and more!
You may even find inspiration for your current project simply by checking out their blog and reading non-related project ideas!