Join Restaurant Birthday Clubs, Get Free Food
Restaurant birthday clubs are a fun way to celebrate your birthday at your favorite restaurants
You know the old adage, "There's no such thing as a free lunch..." well, I have proven it wrong. And not only is there such thing as a free lunch, you can also get free appetizers, free breakfast, free dinner and free dessert -- so much stuff for free! The best way I have found to get free food is to join restaurant birthday clubs. It seems a lot of restaurants want you to celebrate your special day with them and they are willing to give you free food (or a pretty substantial discount) once a year. I guess they figure you won't eat alone and your friends will have to pay for their meals, but so what, you get free food.
Tips for getting free food by joining a restaurant birthday club
- You usually have to be 18 years old or older to join a birthday club.
- If you are going to join a lot of restaurant birthday clubs then you may want to create a separate email account just for that purpose. Just be sure to check it periodically so you don't miss any good offers for free food, especially during the month of your birthday.
- Do not sign up for a restaurant birthday club during the month of your birthday. Many clubs will give you stuff for free just for joining and then again for your birthday. Many times these offers expire in 14 days to a month. So if you want the offers spread out then join a different month of the year.
- Many of the birthday clubs will also let you add family members under the same e-mail address so be sure to do so, so they can get stuff for free too.
The following is a list of restaurants that offer email clubs, including birthday clubs, with free food coupons or really good deals on food. If you're interested in any of them be sure to verify the details first, as the details of these offers probably will change over time.
Here are some free food coupons I got this year from restaurant birthday clubs.
Free breakfast or beverage
- Dunkin Donuts - DD Perks Rewards - get a free medium beverage for joining and a free medium beverage on your birthday, as well as other reward discounts.
- IHOP - Pancake Revolution Club - join and get a free meal for signing up, a free meal on your birthday, and a free meal on your 1-year anniversary for joining the club
Free lunch or dinner (or food item)
- Chili's - join Email Club and get free order of chips & queso
- Lone Star Steakhouse - join E-Club and get a gift for joining and a gift on your birthday
- Moe's Southwest Grill - join Moe's e-World and in their words, "get a little somethin' somethin'" for signing up and for your birthday
- Red Lobster - join Fresh Catch Club and get a birthday surprise
- Ruby Tuesday - join So Connected club in order to join their birthday club - not sure what the gift is
- Panda Express - Look for poster in restaurant that says, "show proof it's your birthday and get a free 2-entree meal"
- Red Robin - join and get a free gift for signing up and a free burger on your birthday
- Baskin Robbins - join Birthday Club and get a free scoop of icecream with purchase of another on your birthday and on your 1/2 birthday too
- Cold Stone Creamery - join My Coldstone Club and get 2 creations for the price of 1 for joining and a buy one get one creation coupon for your birthday
- Dairy Queen - join the Blizzard Fan Club and get 2 blizzard treats for the price of 1
- TGI Fridays - join their Give Me More Stripes recognition program and get a free dessert during your birthday month with the purchase of an entrée.
Many restaurants offer free desserts on your birthday without joining a birthday club. The price is usually having to listen to the restaurant staff sing you a song. You be the judge if it's worth it. But many of the big chain restaurants will give a free slice of cake, pie or dessert to the birthday boy or girl just for asking.