How to Increase Website Traffic Without Google
If you can increase website traffic to your page, you increase the number of ad impressions, and ultimately, the money you earn from those impressions. In addition, the more people who view your page, the more likely it is that someone will click an ad and buy the product or service it advertises.
Viewers ordinarily find your page through Google. But if that search engine buries your website on page 300 of its results, no one will ever visit your writings. Fortunately, you don’t have to rely on Google for visitors
© 2012 by Aurelio Locsin
Increase Website Traffic with Forums
Forums are Internet gathering places set up for the discussion of specific topics as varied as politics, knitting, bananas or nursing. Participants can post and view messages on the forum or website. More likely, they can choose to receive any messages through email, and can conveniently respond to them with the click of the Reply button. This means that anything you post on a forum will have an automatic audience of readers.
To increase website traffic to your site without Google, post your message on a related forum.
Before you can post a message, you need to find an appropriate forum. For that task, Google is a useful first step. Your page most likely relates to several subjects. For example, an article on nursing salaries relates to nursing, jobs, medical careers and employment.
- Enter the subject into the Google search engine with the word forum. For example, enter nursing forum. (Do this for each of your subjects.) Click the Search button reveals a list of possible forums.
- Click on a forum name to display the forum website. Look for a list of discussions or subject areas, and the number of posts and views for each item on the list. You want subject areas where posts and views number in the thousands. If the forum does not have that many views, it cannot provide enough traffic for your efforts. In that case, move on to the next forum on the Google list.
- If you find an appropriate subject area, click on its name to its list of messages and the number of views for each message. Again, you want an area where message views number in the thousands.
Check the FAQ for the forum to make sure it allows messages that contain links to personal websites. Many forums prohibit such links as advertising or spam. If that is the case, you need to find another forum.
- For example, Nurse.com, meets several of the criteria for number of postings in its forums, but does not allow advertising. It would not be an appropriate forum.
- On the other hand, PinoyNursing.com, designed for Filipino nurses, has the required numbers and allows links. This is the perfect forum for your message.
You’ll often need to register first in a forum. You may then have to respond to a confirming email message as well. Once you’re approved, you can create your post. Put the title of your article in the message title, and then briefly describe what your article is about. Finally, don’t forget to put a link to your site in the message.
In forums that allow signatures, you can also put a link in your signature. If you respond to other messages in the forum, or start additional threads, your website link will show up in your signature for those messages. Note that some forums require you to post a certain number of pages before you can add signatures. Some allow fancy graphic signatures, although in most, you can only use text.
You’ll want to repeat this strategy of locating related forums and posting messages as often as possible. The more forums you can find for a link to your site, the more likely such a link can increase web traffic without Google.
Once your page starts receiving traffic, examine the statistics. When you create additional pages that are related to the first one, concentrate your postings for those new pages in forums that produce the most hits. You’ll want to respond to any forum replies about your message to encourage discussion. This keeps your message at the top of the forum list.
Though some of my pages are popular on Google, some of my most visited creations have no visitors from that search engine. Instead, the views all come from forum postings.
Please let me know in Comments if this method helps with your page.