- Personal Finance»
- Managing Credit Cards & Payment Options
How to Withdraw, Link, and Verify Paypal with RCBC
What to expect on this Paypal - RCBC guide:
- How to apply (and requirements) for a RCBC Mercury Drug MyWallet Visa card
- Steps on how to link and verify your PayPal account using newly acquired RCBC card (but without the use of credit card)
- Instruction on how to acquire the PayPal Expuse Code from RCBC
- Guide on how to add the said card to your PayPal account
- Steps on how to withdraw PayPal funds to recently added RCBC card
- Important tips and things to remember
Want to remove the "Withdrawal Limit" PayPal message?
If you’re a recent PayPal member who already received some funds in your account and is trying to withdraw said money – chances are you have encountered a message saying that “what you are trying to withdraw is greater than your withdrawal limit”
This is usually followed with another message asking you to link and confirm either a debit or a credit card to lift this particular limit.
The two mentioned messages appeared because your account is most likely not yet verified. If you haven’t undergone the process involving credit cards and verification, then you wouldn’t be able to withdraw your money yet.
Fortunately, especially to those who don’t have a credit card, there’s an easy solution to this problem, and this Paypal RCBC guide will help you through it.
Here is a checklist of things you need to do
Process to be accomplished
Order on how it should be accomplished
Sign up to PayPal (new accounts have unverified status)
Get requirements when applying RCBC card
Apply for RCBC Mercury Drug MyWallet Visa card
Link RCBC card to PayPal account
Get Expuse code
Verify PayPal account by supplying Expuse code
Add RCBC Mercury Drug MyWallet Visa card as a bank account in PayPal
Witdraw PayPal funds to newly added RCBC bank account
What is RCBC?
RCBC is a local bank here in Philippines. The name stands for Rizal Banking Corporation and was established in 1960
This guide aims to present the most convenient way to link a PayPal account with a RCBC account. Although there are many ways to do accomplish this, steps and instructions contained herewith is seemingly the easiest based on personal hands-on experience.
Please make sure that you will read the entire guide and pay attention to details to save your time from asking questions that might have been already answered upon reading the entire hub.
Requirements on how to verify Paypal with RCBC Mercury Drug MyWallet Visa card
Before we proceed, there are a couple of things you need to have in order to link and verify your PayPal account with RCBC:
- RCBC Mercury Drug MyWallet Visa card – this will be used as an alternative to credit card to verify your PayPal account. However, if you already own a RCBC credit card under your name, it might be advisable to use it to save you the trouble of applying for a RCBC Mercury Drug Wallet.
- PayPal account – this is one of the several ways to transact online. But in order to fully utilize this, one’s account must be verified. This will be one of the goals we have to discuss in this hub.
Steps on How to Apply For RCBC Mercury Drug MyWallet Visa card
It was actually easy for me to apply for a RCBC Mercury Drug MyWallet Visa card. I simply went to a nearby RCBC Commercial bank and asked for the type of card that I can use to link my PayPal account.
Luckily, the staff was aware of it and knew that the card could really be linked to PayPal. She charged me 120 pesos which was directly deposited to my card.
FYI please that this is not the amount you have to pay for the card itself – but it is the amount needed by PayPal to process the verification. Let’s just say that PayPal will charge your card at least 101 pesos to know that it can be funded and is still active.
Anyway, just in case the staff you encountered doesn’t know anything about PayPal, here are the instructions you have to follow on how to successfully obtain a RCBC Mercury Drug MyWallet Visa card to link to your PayPal account.
- Secure one valid ID with one photocopy. I used voter’s ID back then and it was accepted. You can look for the valid ID’s they receive over the internet but government issued IDs are generally accepted – voter’s ID, driver’s license or SSS card. If you are a student, your present school ID is also accepted.
- Go to any RCBC Commercial bank (take note: not Savings bank) and ask for RCBC Mercury Drug MyWallet Visa card. Don’t forget to mention Mercury drug because there are other kinds of MyWallet visa card, and I am not sure if they are accepted by PayPal.
- You will be asked for your valid ID, then fill up an application form. Once done, you will be asked to pay for 120 pesos (as of posting time) to be directly deposited in your card. If the staff doesn’t ask for it but just 10 pesos or just small amount for the card’s fee, tell the staff you want to deposit at least 120 pesos to your card right away.
- After filling up the form, be sure to remember a few details you presented there such as the branch you applied in, your mobile number, address and email address you stated. You will be needing these details to request for the code needed to verify your PayPal account.
- Once the application is done, you will be asked to return after a few days (3 days in my case) for the card. Now you have your RCBC Mercury Drug MyWallet Visa card. You are now ready to get your PayPal account verified.
How to Verify PayPal Account Using RCBC card
- First, go to PayPal and log in to your account. Go to “My Account” and click the “Overview” tab.
- Under the welcome message, you will see your account type, status, and your sending / withdrawal limits. Beside your status you will see “get verified” highlighted in blue.
- Click "get verified" to be directed to the page where you will be filling out a form about your credit card/debit card. In our case, we will use RCBC Mercury Drug MyWallet Visa card.
- Be sure to fill out the form correctly to avoid any problem. Also, make sure that the details in your RCBC Mercury Drug MyWallet Visa card matches the one in your PayPal account (esp. Full name and billing address). Otherwise, verification will fail. Some important information you need to take note are the following:
- Your name
- Card type – your card is Visa powered
- Card number – 16 digits found in front of your card written by four’s
- Expiry date – located at the bottom right part, in front of your card
- Security code – 3 digits written in the white rectangle at the back of your card
Once you followed the instructions above and filled out the form, below are some important things to take note of:
- Note down the date for future reference.
- After linking, your card will be charged a hundred pesos or more. This is necessary to determine that the card is active. Don't worry - the amount will be refunded to your PayPal account once the verification is completed.
- After filling out the form, PayPal will ask you for a four digit code (known as Expuse code) that was sent after you linked your card. However, this four-digit code is not readily available. You have to directly contact RCBC to get it (details on how to acquire the expuse code is available at the following section)
- After acquiring the expuse code from RCBC, go to your PayPal account and click again “get verified”. After supplying the code, your account will be successfully verified.
Instructions on how to get the expuse code.
There are two ways on how to get the expuse code – via phone support or email.
Phone support is obviously faster. Simply call RCBC at 877-RCBC or 877-7222.
However, if you will opt for email, you may email them at email@example.com with subject “Expuse Code”. Kindly Include the following in the email body. Please make sure that the details you will provide is the same when you applied for your card:
- Full name
- Card number
- Issuing branch
- Mobile number
- Billing Address
- Date card was linked
- Email address
It took me almost two days to get my expuse code because I made a few errors.
However, there are some who were able to get theirs as early as 12 hours. And if I may add, customer contact responds after a day. So if you won’t make an error, you can get your expuse code faster.
Why Add RCBC Mercury Drug MyWallet Visa card as a PayPal Bank Account
It is important to remember that you NEED to do this process so that you can withdraw your PayPal funds to it - otherwise you wouldn't be able to withdraw your money
How to Add RCBC card under PayPal Bank Account
This process can be done in three simple steps:
- In your PayPal account, hover your mouse above “Profile” tab. Click Add/edit bank account (see Figure 1)
- Fill out the necessary details. For your reference, the bank code for RCBC is 010280014 (see Figure 2)
- Once done, click save (see Figure 3)
Instructions to Withdraw PayPal funds to RCBC card
- Log in to your PayPal account and click “withdraw” under My Account tab. You will be prompted to a page that lets you choose from where to withdraw your funds to. Choose the bank account option as shown in the picture on the right.
- After clicking the bank account option, you will be directed to a page wherein you have to fill out some details regarding your withdrawal. Put in the amount you want to withdraw in the box beside “amount”. Remember that for withdrawal amounts less than 7,000 pesos, there will be a 50-peso fee.
- Choose RCBC as your bank account. Then click continue.
- Once done, PayPal will show you a summary of your transaction details. Be sure to check it for errors. If there will be errors, the transfer would likely fail and the amount you wish to withdraw will be refunded to your PayPal account but will be charged with a 250 peso fee.
- Confirm the withdrawal transaction. You will receive an email confirming your transaction. Although PayPal says that your funds will arrive in your bank in 2-4 business days, it is not so accurate in my experience. There will be an estimated date indicated in the email they will send you to which the funds will arrive to your card. This will be the same date that it will appear to your card (this has been my experience every time I withdraw funds).
- Wait for the date where your funds will arrive. It will usually be available even early in the morning. Check it using your RCBC Mercury Drug MyWallet Visa card.
Did you read and understood the entire tutorial?
view quiz statistics
That's just about it.
Remember, that other banks can also be used in verifying your PayPal account. The steps might be similar with a few slight differences.
Below is a link for a complete PayPal and BPI guide
- Steps on how to transfer Paypal to BPI tutorial
This post will discuss the steps on how to withdraw Paypal funds to BPI (Bank of the Philippines Island) complete with step by step pictures - plus other important information