- Personal Finance»
- Income & Making Money
How to Blog and Make Cash Now!
So you have decided you want to become a blogger, let's get started. First you are going to need to a few items.
- A computer, a laptop would be best suited.
- Internet Access
- Basic Writing skills
- Self motivation
Now that you have the equipment that you need, let's start discussing the various sites you can use to create your first blog.
- Blogger - Personal favorite of mine, the interface is easy to use and does not require HTML knowledge. You can even purchase a dot com domain if you choose to do so. A great blog for those with a lot to say, as well as search engine friendly. Oh did I mention you can make money? Yes, using Google Adsense, Google will pay you every time someone clicks on one of your advertisements.
- Tumblr - Popular among hipsters, Tumblr allows you to blog and/or reblog others. Good for sharing photographs with friends or niche bloggers.
- Wordpress - Gives you the legitimate website feel and design but requires a background in HTML code which most novice know little about. Not the easiest site for beginners to use.
- Weebly - A widget-style format, slick design format.
Okay, so you have signed up to become the next blogging prodigy and chosen a site that is best suited for you. Now is time to determine what you intent on blogging about. Since successful blogs make daily post, it is best you chose something you are passionate about so you to can make a post each day. Choose something that gets your juices flowing and something that you are compelled to write about.
- Original content
- Regular Post
Name Your Blog
Okay, great you have choose your site and now decided what you are going to spend the next week, 6 month, year, 5 years devoting your time to as you share your relentless passion with the world. The name of your blog is important. It defines your blog, therefore the content of the blog should be reflected in the title. If you are blogging about ponies, ponies should be in your title so people with a passion for ponies can find your wonderful blog. Choose something that you aren't going to change in the future. Also, choosing something creative opens the door for design and merchandise possibilities.
I WANT MORE TRAFFIC!
Ways to increase your daily traffic via through backlinks.
- Other blogs/websites
- Message boards
- Commenting on other blogs
Get to Writing
Blog traffic isn't made over night as some may lead you to believe. A good blog takes time to mature, grow a following, and if your lucky go viral. Make sure your content is up to date on the latest and greatest. Posting original content is the best way of creating a cult like following. Make daily posts on your given topic and don't be afraid to offend people by becoming controversial. Perez Hilton doesn't make a living blogging by playing by traditional rules and isn't afraid to make people uncomfortable. So get out there and let the world know your thoughts! Begin blogging today.