How to Wire Money
Wiring money is a quick and easy way to get funds from Point A to Point B. The best part is that you can wire money for just about every reason through companies like Western Union. You can have funds delivered within minutes, the next day, or deposited directly into a bank account.
Reasons to Wire Money
and Many More...
Money Transfer - Send
If you find yourself having to send money very quickly you can visit a local Western Union Center in your area. You can usually find one in your local grocery store and/or pharmacy. Once you find a location you can visit it and follow the steps below.
- Make sure you have all the information and check that it is correct
- Fill out the appropriate paperwork
- Hand the paperwork and money to the customer service representative
- Make sure to have your copies when it is completed for your records
There is a service fee for wiring money. The fee depends on the way the money is sent, the amount of money being sent, and the way the person is receiving the money. It take a short time for the process to completed so you do not have to worry putting to much time aside in order to wire the funds.
Form to Send Money
Money Transfer Sending Instructions
- Complete the Transaction Information: Send Amount, Destination: State/Country. Next select the way the money will be received: Money in Minutes, Next Day, To a Mobile Phone, Home Delivery - Prepaid Card, or To a Bank Account. Make sure to select the correct option because certain restrictions may apply.
- Complete the Sender Information. This will be your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. You may also fill in your email address and mobile phone number, but by doing this you are authorizing the company to send you special offers through email and text messages.
- Complete the Sender Information. This will be the name of the person receiving the money.
- You will sign the form once you have it completed.
*If you select the home delivery method be sure to have the correct address information for the recipient. If you are sending funds to a bank account be sure to have the correct banking information such as; bank name, routing number, and account number.
**If you are sending money to a recipient that can not provide valid identification you may be able to select a test question for them to answer which will verify their identity.
Ways to Receive Wired Money
Money in Minutes
To a Mobile Phone
Home Delivery: Prepaid Card
To a Bank Account
(some restrictions apply with each option)
Money Transfer - Receive
If you are on the receiving end of a money wire you will also need to fill out the appropriate paperwork.
- Make sure you have information needed to receive the money
- Visit the location where the money is to be received
- Fill out the necessary paperwork
- You will then receive your money once everything is completed
Form to Receive Money
Money Transfer Receiving Instructions
- Money Transfer Info - Fill in the amount expected along with the control number if you know it.
- Fill in your information including your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. You may also fill in your email and mobile number, if you fill out this part you are authorizing the company to send you special offers through email and text messages.
- Fill in the sender's information. This would include their name, street address, city, state, and country. It is optional if you choose to complete the phone number.
- Answer the test question if applicable.
- Sign the completed form.
Protecting Yourself from Fraud
When wiring money the money transfer is completed in a short amount of time. Once the process is started it can not be stopped. Once the transfer is completed yo will not be able to receive a refund even if you do find yourself being a victim of fraud.
You can protect yourself from fraud by following these simple steps.
Do not wire money
- to someone you do not personally know
- to a family member or friend in an emergency situation that you can not confirm
- to claim prize of lottery winnings
- for employment opportunities
- for Internet purchases