- Personal Finance»
- Income & Making Money
Latest Core i7 Laptop Scam In Ghana
Core i7 Scam
HOW SCAMMERS FAKE CORE I7 LAPTOP OR DESKTOP COMPUTER
Readers of this article should know that, the content of this instructions is not to promote criminality in the industry of IT but to create a security alert for people most especially online buyers to be careful when buying computers from unknown people. Many people have been victimized of this SCAM and we see the need to publish how possible it is and how to handle an anticipating or suspicious FAKE Core i7 machine. Our research reveals that the hard component of the machine is the main thing but the software can be hacked and changed its information in every area of the computer. It is therefore my wish that every buyer of laptops from the internet such as Tonaton or OLX Ghana would use the solution here on this blog as guide to secure their transactions.
The steps involved in making an ordinary Pentium machine looks like Core i7 machine is as follows:
- Type regedit in the search field of windows OR Press windows + R key to invoke the run field
- Click regedit and go the registry of the system
- Select and Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- Select and Expand the HARDWARE KEY
- Select and Expand DESCRIPTION KEY
- Select and Expand System KEY
- Select and Expand the Central Processing Key
- Select any of the sub keys such as 1 Or 0 to display the information on the system processor
- Double click on ProcessorNameString and type the description of your machine e.g “ Intel® Core(TM) i7-698QM @3.00ghz “
- Repeat step 9 on the on 1 too with the same description
- Now export the edited registry to location that can be easily found e.g in this case it is stored on the drive C:
- After this step, you right click on the computer to view the system properties for the display of the Core i7 target of the scammer.
- the scammer anticipates that after system restarts the system property is refreshed and returned to it’s original state of the true information of the registry, he therefore had to add another windows task function on the computer manager section. He configures a task scheduler to automatically execute the exported registry edited file in the drive C: to sustains the fake information after system restart. The steps involved in configuring a Microsoft task in this case study is as follows:
- Go to windows start , right click and select manage
- Click task scheduler
- Click create basic task on the right pane of the window and type name which is property
- Select when system login so as to trigger the function whenever someone logs into the system
- This section allows you to browse for the file you want to automatically execute when the system is logged in. select from and move to next by click on the next button
- Browse for your exported registry file from the location where you exported to.
- After that type this command in the field in addition to the selected file name to be executed :
- C:\Windows\regedit.exe /S “property.reg” then click on next button to move to next phase
- Click yes for the prompt so as to finish with the Task Scheduler setup.
- After you have setup the Task Scheduler, you need to configure it to suit your operating system for better result.
- Select Active Task , find your task and double click on it
- Go to action tab and follow the pictures bellow and follow
After these steps of faking the core i7 computer, the scammer goes to the drive C: where the exported property file is, right click on the file and hide it from the buyer.
Anyone can go through this process of faking Core i7 with his computer, irrespective of the processor type and confirm this article; it does not add any speed or takes away the speed of the computer but can easily mislead people from buying on true specifications of the computer. Thousands of buyers have fallen as victims of this scam in Ghana most especially during the initiation of online business transactions. Getting to know the truth such as this makes you stand on the advantageous side in terms purchasing a laptop for yourself or someone.
Follow up with the STEPS: https://papaduah.wordpress.com/2016/05/21/core-i7-laptop-scam-alert/
HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICION LIKE THIS :
- The first place to go before buying any computer to check for the system properties or processor or processing capacity is the BIOS.
- You can also use command prompt: sysinfo for the BIOS information to display
- Any core i7 Laptop or Desktop machine with 4 or 2 CPs is fake and the buyer needs to advice himself
- Without these three approach , you are not safe to buy the computer on the processor