List of Marijuana Stocks That Are Publicly Traded
A Sign Outside of a Store That Sells Marijuana
List of Marijuana Stocks | Publicly Traded Marijuana Stocks
A list of publicly traded marijuana stocks that can be bought and sold on the United States stock quotation services or stock exchanges is provided below. Since the marijuana industry is so young and growing quickly, this list may change over time, as companies may choose to begin or end marijuana business operations at any time, based on ever-changing market forces and changes in laws that affect the marijuana industry.
One thing you will notice about the list of marijuana stocks is that many of the companies involved in this industry are not well-known companies with household name recognition. Many of these companies are very small companies that have stocks that trade as penny stocks on Over The Counter (OTC) Stock quotation services. Caution is strongly advised regarding the purchase of any of these stocks. Proper due diligence should be performed before making any investments in these stocks, including consulting a financial planning professional or registered financial advisor, as necessary.
Note: Feel free to comment on suggested deletions, additions, or changes to this list in the Comments Section at the end of this article.
- Aurora Cannabis, Inc. (NYSE: ACB) produces marijuana and distributes medical cannabis products. The company has been very aggressive with buying other firms in the marijuana space with the aim of becoming a market leader. Famed billionaire investor Nelson Peltz became an advisor to the company in March 2019 and is expected to help Aurora develop new products and close new acquisition and partnership deals.
- Cronos Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: CRON) is an investment firm that invests in companies involved in the medical marijuana space. In December 2018, tobacco company Altria invested $1.8 billion in Cronos Group to obtain a 45% stake in the firm.
- Tilray, Inc. (NASDAQ: TLRY) is involved in the growing, processing, and distributing medical marijuana in several countries that have legalized it for medicinal purposes. Beverage giant Anheuser-Busch InBev has forged a partnership with Tilrary to research cannabis-infused beverage products.
- Canopy Growth Corporation (NYSE: CGC) grows and sells medical cannabis in Canada.
- Aphria Inc. (NYSE: APHA) produces and sells medical cannabis in Canada and internationally.
- CannTrust Holdings Inc. (NYSE: CNTTF) produces and distributes pharmaceutical grade medical cannabis products in Canada to patients per health practitioner directives. Will trade on NYSE starting Feb 25th as symbol CTST.
- Curaleaf Holdings (OTC: CURLF) is a medical cannabis company located in the United States.
- Acreage Holdings (OTC: ACRGF) is a U.S. based investment firm that specializes in the cannabis industry, specifically cultivation and production facilities, dispensaries, and vertically integrated cannabis companies across the United States. The company has high-profile members on its Board of Directors, including former Speaker of the U.S. House John Boehner and former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney.
- WeedMD Inc. (OTC: WDDMF) produces and sells medical marijuana, cannabis oil, cannabis resin, marijuana plants, and marijuana seeds in Canada.
- Advanced Cannabis Solutions, Inc. (OTC: CANN) is involved in the cultivation and distribution of marijuana and consulting to the cannabis industry.
- KAYA Holdings (OTC: KAYS) grows, manufactures and sells medical marijuana through retail locations.
- Cannabis Sativa Inc. (OTC: CBDS) provides cannabinoids based skin care products, an
- Terra Tech Corp. (OTC: TRTC) provides hydroponic cultivation systems and growing accessories, as well as marijuana cultivation, production, and dispensary.
- ENDEXX Corp. (OTC: EDXC) provides marijuana tracking, storage, and dispensary products
- Medical Marijuana, Inc. (OTC: MJNA) provides dispensary products and retail medical marijuana products
- Cannabis Science, Inc. (OTC: CBIS) develops and sells marijuana-based pharmaceutical products.
- OrganiGram Holdings Inc. (OTC: OGRMF) produces and sells cannabis and cannabis oil in Canada and to other countries.
- GW Pharmaceuticals Plc (NASDAQ: GWPH) developing cannabinoid-based prescription medicines.
- Mcig, Inc. (OTC: MCIG) is involved in cultivation, manufacturing, distribution, and retail sales of marijuana products.
- Naturally Splendid Enterprises(OTC Pink: NSPDF) sells hemp-based superfood products.
- Hemp, Inc. (OTC Pink: HEMP) provides services to the hemp and medical marijuana industries, and products made out of hemp, including seeds
If this list is incomplete or incorrect in any way, feel free to leave a comment below regarding suggested additions or clarifications.
Disclaimer: It is important to note that this article s for informational purposes only and was not written by a registered financial professional or advisor. The article is not intended to be a recommendation or solicitation to buy any of the stocks listed above, as the list is only provided to broaden the awareness of these stocks. Make sure to consult a registered financial advisor prior to making any investments in stocks. There is a heightened risk of losses associated with buying penny stocks, due to the fast movement of penny stock prices and limited information available about the companies; therefore, extreme caution should be taken and a registered financial advisor should be consulted before buying any penny stocks.
List of Marijuana Stocks | What Is a Marijuana Stock?
The list of marijuana stocks provided below includes a wide variety of companies that have business operations connected to the burgeoning marijuana and hemp industries. Companies included in the list are involved in growing, distribution, and retailing an assortment of marijuana and hemp products. It also includes companies that provide products and services to the marijuana and hemp industries and consumers, as well as companies that develop and sell marijuana-based foods and medicines.
Marijuana Stocks List Poll
Where Do You Think Marijuana Stocks Will Be In Five Years?
Hemp Inc. Is In The Industrial Hemp Business
What Hemp Is and The Future of Marijuana Legalization
Hemp is a sister plant to marijuana that contains psychoactive compounds in much lower concentrations than marijuana and is used for industrial purposes, such as making rope, paper, and clothing.
The amount of revenue generated by companies through marijuana and hemp business activities varies widely. Some companies are exclusively focused on marijuana and hemp business operations, while other companies are involved in other business activities outside of marijuana and hemp.
Legalization of marijuana within the United States has been occurring at the state level and many expect will occur at the federal level before too long, as polling indicates public support for legalization. Hemp production was made legal on the federal level in the United States in December 2018. The increased legality of both marijuana and hemp will increase demand for products and services provided by companies on the list below.
GW Pharmaceuticals Is The Most Mainstream Medical Marijuana Stock
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2014 John Coviello