- Personal Finance»
- Understanding Finance
Making money through Google Adsense - My progress thus far
If you’re looking at this hub I would say it is safe to say you have heard/read the same information I have. You can make money on Hubpages with Google Adsense. We’ll I am going to test this theory and will update you on my progress weekly.
Here is what I have done so far.
October 8th 2009
- I created a Hupages Account
- I already had an Adsense account with a previous website I built. So I was able to connect my hubs to my Adsense account immediately.
- I have written 6 hubs in regards to snowboarding
- Results: I made $1.07 in my first day through Google Adsense and received 3 fans
October 9th 2009
- I have written this hub on the topic of making money with Hubpages and Google Adsense giving me a total of 7 hubs
- I received 1 positive comment on a hub I wrote
- I made $0.52 Today through adsense
- I have recieved one additional fan
October 14th 2009
- I have written a total of 15 hubs
- After creating a new hub I submit it to www.digg.com which seems to be driving a little more traffic to my hub
- I have not made any additional money through Google Adsense my total cash earned so far is $1.59
- On my Hubpages statistics page I am up to a total of 166 views in total. However my Google Adsense report is only showing I've had 120 views. Not sure where this discrepancy is happening.
October 21st 2009
- I have written a total of 17 hubs. I have found it is really hard to come up with hub ideas after you get so far.
- After creating a new hub I submit it to www.stumbleupon.com which seems to be driving a good amount of traffic to my hubs the day of submission.
- I have not made any additional money through Google Adsense, my total cash earned so far is still $1.59
- On my Hubpages statistics page I am up to a total of 244 views in total. However my Google Adsense report is only showing I've had 212 views.
- I have received one additional fan
October 25th 2009
- I have a total of 20 hubs
- I read a hubpage article on using https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal in order to refine the tags on my hubs in order to key in on the highest paying ad words possible. Simply go to the site and enter your tag word(s) then hit the ``get keywords button``. After the results have been generated select ``Estimated Average CPM`` from the dropdown menu. This will show you the costs associated with key words. What I noticed was my average key words all hovered around $0.08 each. This shows you key words that can generate anywhere from $0.08 to over $10.00! Hope this works and increases revenue. I will keep you posted.
November 4th 2009
- I have a total of 24 hubs
- I have a total of 695 hub views
- However Google Adsense shows I only have 437 impressions
- I have made an additional $0.14 bringing my total to earned to $1.73
- I started submitting my hubs to www.reddit.com and this site has giving me the most views.
- For some reason my hub "http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-Dogs-Hate-Halloween" generated 145 hits in one day. This has blown away the stats on any other hub I have wrote. Not sure why but I am not complaining
December 20th 2009
- I have a total of 28 hubs
- I have a total of 1195 hub views
- However Google Adsense shows I only have 853 impressions
- I have made an additional $2.18 bringing my total to earned to $3.91
- I have 6 fans!
February 4th 2010
- I have written a total of 28 hubs
- My my total cash earned so far is $8.59
- On my Hubpages statistics page I am up to a total of 2043 views in total.