- Personal Finance»
- Investing in Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, More
Michael Jackson Assets
Michael Jackson died on the 25th of June, 2009... what most surprised me were his assets! On the next paragraphs you'll find a little bit about these crazy numbers of his assests, just amazing.
Unfortunately it seems that he also left $500 million on unpaid debts...
I've made a little bit of research on his assets and I was truly amazed on what I found out. Please keep reading and give me your feedback on what you thinks of this, and if you have more data on this matter please leave your comment below.
Michael Jackson's Assets
I really didn't have a clue about this amazing "collection"... From his songs, passing trough Beatles, and lot more...
So, let's just make a little catch up on everything he had/won:
- 61 million albums in the U.S
- decade-long attraction open at Walt Disney theme parks
- in 1985 he paid $47.5 million for ATV Music, which owned the copyright to 259 songs written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney
- in 1988, he paid $14.6 million for Neverland, a 2,500-acre property in Santa Barbara, CA
In total, Jackson asset's are estimated to be worth $1 billion!!!
As you can see, it's a lot of money! But I really didn't had a clue on Michael Jackson owernership of Beatles Songs! This really amazed me!
According to financial documents, Michael's cash totaled to only .05% of his net worth, about $668,215. Gotta get more liquid than that!
A few more numbers for you:
- Real property $73,475,000 (Neverland valued at $66,875,000, Encino Home valued at $6,600,000)
- Restricted cash $10,696,764 (this is a cash reserve to pay interest on loans)
- Media Archival materials $20,000,000
- MJ Publishing Trust $85,000,000
- Professional equipment $1,000,000
- Automobiles, antiques, collectibles & other personal property $20,000,000
Did you guys knew this? Aren't you amazed by this numbers?
If you liked this Hub, please:
+ Rate it
+ Vote it
+ Comment it
+ Share it