More Ways 9, 10, 11, and 12 Year Old Elementary and Middle School Kids Can Earn Money Quickly and Easily
How Can A Teen Kid Earn Money Quickly and Easily?
For starters, the best way to earn money is to use your passions, interests, knowledge, AND skills to start a business. This will be the quickest and easiest way for any kid to earn money. If you do the things that you already know how to do to earn cash, then you don't have to learn anything new! Therefore, you should match up one of the following ideas with the skill sets and knowledge that you already have! If you need any tips regarding your money, this wonderful official government site My Money can show you the way; this way, you're prepared to make use of the ideas below.
Summer Seasonal Jobs
There are so many different jobs that summer time offers. Keeping track of the seasons will definitely prove useful for all kids, as it will be one of the quickest ways to earn cash- seriously! All you would have to do is get up a list of ideas, and begin knocking on doors, posting fliers, and calling numbers! You would definitely land a job by the end of the day. Here's some ideas:
- Mowing lawns
- Weeding & watering gardens
- Skimming pools of dirt/leaves/bugs
- Picking up sticks/debris after summer storms
- Pet sitting/walking during vacations
- Baby sitting kids on summer break
- Washing cars
- Picking wild berries & fruits and selling them
Have You Ever Recycled?
Kids Can Make Money with Quick Recycling
If you are looking for instant gratification, this might be the most useful way to go. Many families have aluminum cans and scrap metal laying around. Is there a bike that doesn't work anymore? Perhaps an old broken ladder? Pretty much EVERY kind of metal is recycleable. Different types of metal pay different prices, so you will need to Google this with your location for more information. Here are some good ideas to get you started with recycling, so that you can have money in your hand within the next 3 hours:
- Old bikes and other metal yard toys.
- Non-working appliances, such as stoves, microwaves, computer monitors, and toasters.
- Old silverware, grill ware, pots and pans, and metal mixing bowls.
- Aluminum drinking cans.
- Old, rusty tools that are no longer used.
- Broken metal dog crates.
- ANYTHING metal can be recycled for money by kids :)
How Long Does It Take?
Takes Less Than 24 Hours
More Than 24 Hours
Important Notes for Selling Status Updates
- Don't post adult or illegal content to your page. It could get you in trouble.
- Don't make it obvious that the post is "sponsored" (sold).
- Don't advertise that you are selling status updates on the account.
- Never post them back to back.
- Don't share unsafe links, or spam links.
Selling Facebook Updates for Kids
Have you got over 500 friends? Maybe over 1,000? Perhaps you should sell your Facebook status! You can sell it for $1-$5, all depending on what kind of status it is and who you are selling the status to. Do you have friends who need to sell girl scout cookies and wants you to share the news? $1! Do you know of a band who wants people to know about them? $3! Local business has a big sale going on? $5! There are so many different reasons someone would buy a status update from you, and here are some ideas that you could try to sell them for!
- Band or artist promotion
- Rehoming/selling pets
- A friend selling an electronic
- A business that is in need of promotion
- A business offering a discount
Listing Your Personal Possessions for Sale
This is perhaps one of the best ways to make money, because everyone owns something that they do not use. Depending on your age, you probably have different things to sell. If you don't have any idea as to where to sell your stuff, try the different ideas in the photo above. The video to the right will help you with navigating craigslist, one of the most popular ways to list things online for sale.
The below lists are ways that teens and kids CAN sell things, but you might need parental assistance for some of them using the different methods outlined above. Try some of the ideas below, and see if you can make some money at your age!
8 Year Olds:
- Old Kids Books
- AR Books
- Old Clothes
- Old Toys
9 Year Olds:
- Old Backpacks
- Old Shoes
- Used Movies
- Unwanted Jewelry/hats
10 Year Olds:
- Kiddy Bedsets you grew out of
- Kiddy clothes
- Merchandise featuring your previous favorite tv show characters
11 Year Olds:
- Old cell phones
- Unwanted cd's
- old music class instruments
- Puzzles & board games
12 Year Olds:
- Any childhood things you don't use
- Old bedroom furnishings
- Furniture that you are replacing soon
- Old dress clothes that you no longer fit into
13 Year Olds:
- Hair styling tools you aren't using
- old stuffed animals in decent condition
- collectables that you no longer want
14 Year Olds:
- Old Laptops
- High school text books that you actually own
- Concert tickets & band merchandise