How to Make $1000 Fast?
Money, Money, Money
So your goal is to make 1000 dollars fast. There are many reasons why you might be looking for ways to make money really quickly.
Sometimes, bills have a habit of cropping up unexpectedly. Without an emergency fund in place, making 1000 dollars fast might seem like an impossible task, especially if your income is stretched tightly already. Perhaps you feel as though you just aren’t making enough cash to cover those every day expenses. Is there too much "month" left at the end of the "money"?
Or are you looking for money making ideas so that you can treat yourself to something you wouldn’t otherwise be able to afford, such as a well deserved vacation? Whatever your reason for needing to make $1000 fast, don’t be discouraged because I have some solutions for you.
Earn or Save?
When thinking about ways to make $1000, your money could either be earned or saved . Which is going to happen faster? What are the advantages and disadvantages of earning money as opposed to saving money? In this hub, we will explore some money-making ideas, and some money-saving ideas to quickly get you on track to meet your goal.
Earn Money Online
It might be tempting to look to the internet for ideas of how to make $1000 quickly online. As with anything in life, making money online takes hard work and consistent effort. There are many ways of making legitimate income online such as joining HubPages, writing hubs such as this one, and then earning passive income from Google Adsense and Amazon. HubPages is indeed an excellent way to slowly build up some ongoing passive income over time, but let’s be realistic; we aren’t going to make a quick $1000 dollars from writing a few hubs. For now, let’s leave HubPages out of the equation when thinking about ways to make $1000 fast.
A lighthearted and fun approach to the art of asking your boss for a raise. When is the best day to see the boss? What if he doesn’t offer you a seat? Should you ask about his daughter’s illness? Hilarous from cover to cover, this relatable book is certainly worth a read!
Ask the Boss for a Raise
If you are already an Employee in a steady job, then it is possible that you could earn an extra $1000 by asking the boss for a raise. Although this might sound like an obvious solution, take some time to figure out how much you would actually gain from this endeavour. Let’s say your boss thinks you are doing an incredible job and agrees to give you a 3% raise! By the time taxes and deductions are taken into account, your 3% raise might equate to less than 2% net income for you to keep in your pocket. Was it worth the raise? Maybe. Or perhaps your boss now expects you to take on additional responsibility to validate the raise, and might even be monitoring your performance even more closely.
Alternatively, you may have the option of putting in some extra hours at the office, or working a part-time job to make some extra money. How many extra hours would you have to work to reach your goal? Well consider this: let’s say for argument’s sake that the extra effort required to earn $1 of income, may only reward you with 60 cents in your pocket after deductions. People with a higher marginal tax rate would get to keep even less of that, possibly only 45 to 50 cents! What a lot of extra effort for very little reward!
So your goal is to make 1000 dollars fast. Assuming your payroll deductions add up to a modest 40% (your personal deduction may be more or less), you would actually have to earn around $1666 gross income to be able to reach your goal. You might that I’m not helping the situation very much by pointing out that you may have to work a lot more overtime than you originally anticipated, but I’m leading up to an interesting alternative.
Which Requires Less Effort – Making $1666 or Saving $1000?
Money is so hard to make, but easy to spend. This book will help your to spend less and save more, say goodbye to bad habits and get out of debt. Regardless of your age or finances, this book is filled with tons of great tips to get saving right away. Small savings add up and create huge wealth!
The Benefits of Saving
Instead of putting in a lot of extra effort to earn $1666, do you think that it might require less effort to save $1000? Saving your hard earned income, instead of putting in additional effort to earn more, could actually be easier, more fun, and move you faster toward your goal.
How quickly do you need to make your $1000? Well, just for fun, let’s assume that you have 100 days to raise the cash. Of course, every person’s situation is different and you may think “There’s no way I can save $1000 in 100 days!”. But just take a moment to think about this; over 100 days, all you need to do is save $10 a day!
- Penny Pincher: Tips for Everyday Saving
Tips, tricks and ideas that could save you money!
Ways to Save
- Learn how to coupon! Instead of doing the grocery shopping daily at your local supermarket, try bulk shopping at Walmart or Costco and look for price rollbacks. It’s quite amazing how prices differ from store to store and you can easily save money by buying in bulk. Coupon clipping is very popular these days and will save you money if you just plan a little in advance and bring your valid coupons with you to the store.
- Instead of paying top dollar at the Hairdresser’s Salon, try learning how to color and cut your own hair. If you cut your own hair, and your family's hair, the dollars you save will add up very quickly.
- Skip the manicures and pedicures for a while and take care of your own skin and nails. Try some homemade Sweet Treats for your Feet to give yourself a well deserved pampering boost.
- Instead of cooking a different meal every night and wasting food as well as money, try cooking enough for several meals at once, and freezing portions.
- Instead of buying lunch at cafés or fast food establishments, try bringing your own lunch to work every day to easily save $5-$10. Choose healthy and nutritious ingredients and prepare the night before if possible so that your lunch is ready to go in the morning.
- Instead of sipping a few beers at the pub, buying an occasional 6-pack from the liquor store (or skipping the beers altogether). Just two beers at the pub might set you back $12 or more when you could easily get a 6-pack for that price. Of course, skipping the beers altogether is probably the most logical idea if saving that $1000 is really important to you!
- Instead of paying ridiculously large cell phone bills, try learning how to reduce your cell phone bill. Long distance prepaid cards are great to have stored in your cell phone for making more calls at a fraction of the cost.
- Instead of paying for a monthly gym membership, or daily drop-in fees, and try walking or jogging outside, or lifting weights at home. A drop-in fee at the gym costs around $5 and so over 100 days you could very realistic save a couple of hundred dollars on this alone!
- Instead of spending money on a new book, DVD or CD, try renting them from your local library.
- Instead of going to the movie theatre and buying sodas and popcorn, try watching the DVD that you rented from the library, with homemade popcorn and soda bought in bulk from Walmart or Costco.
- Instead of drinking expensive bottled water, try drinking tap, filtered or boiled water. Don’t like drinking water? Find out 5 Ways to Make Water More Interesting.
- Instead of driving your car to work every day, try finding someone to carpool with. Instead of driving to the store and wasting gas, try riding your bike or walking.
- Instead of going to a restaurant for dinner, try having potluck parties with neighbours and friends. This can be so much fun, and you will probably enjoy foods that you have never tried before. If you must eat out then look for coupons to save money off the bill. The Olive Garden, for example, usually offer regular coupons and money saving offers.
- Instead of buying coffee and muffins at the Coffee Shop every morning, try baking your own muffins and bringing your own coffee from home.
- Instead of reaching for the hottest fashion trends at your favourite Clothing Store, try heading to the back of the store and browse through items on sale.
You get the idea! By making some small changes in your spending habits, you should be able to save $10 a day, make $1000 fast, and live to tell the tale. I wish you lots of success in achieving your goal - you can do it.
Just remember to Spend Less, Save More & Start Small!
Just imagine what could happen if you were able to continue this routine and save up to $10 every single day! How long would it take for you to become a millionaire...?