- Personal Finance
Pizza Delivery Tips For Drivers With Debt
Making money as a pizza delivery driver can be a great choice for those with high debt. The tips made each day can help any struggling individual or family drastically cut into their debt. The average pizza delivery person can earn $12 to $15 and hour but if you are looking to earn even more at your job, then thinking of it as more then just a way to pay the bills is crucial. Look at it as an opportunity. The more effort you put into it, the better the opportunity becomes.
A part-time job in pizza delivery with just 20 hours a week can help an individual or family to earn extra money and pay down debt months or even years earlier then they may have thought.These tips for pizza delivery drivers will help to earn even more.
You will have to claim your driver tips at the end of each night. So remember that there will be additional taxes taken out of your paycheck to account for these. But, you will, in most cases, be able to take home your the same night.
To encourage yourself to save, rather then spend your pizza delivery tips and really pay down your debt, put all tips into a container or jar and don't touch them till the end of the week. Then, make a deposit into your checking account and right a check for the exact amount to one of your debts.
Is Pizza Delivery Right For You
If your struggling to pay down your debt, consider pizza delivery as a way to help get a edge on the overwhelming bills coming in each month. It does not take much to be a pizza delivery driver and make great money for very few hours each week.. You will need
- Be 18 years or older
- Have a valid drivers licence and a somewhat clean driving record.
- Have reliable transportation
- Have adequate insurance coverage on vehicle
- Own a vehicle with good gas mileage.
- Have a strong desire to earn extra money and be willing to take time away from your family during the evening hours.
Increase Your Pizza Delivery Tips
- Be Polite, and SMILE. Always, always always, when trying to increase pizza delivery tips, approach your pizza delivery customer as if you are genuinely happy to have them as a customer. Walk up to the house with a smile. Make a comment about how great their garden looks, or how cute their dog is. Making eye contact, and quick short friendly conversation before telling them the total and handing over the pizza box.
- Be Presentable. It may seem unfair, but clean cut people with great personal hygiene regimes earn more tips. Yes, a shower can make you more money! For men: if you have facial hair, shave it or trim it. If you have long hair, pull it back into a pony tail. For Women: Pull long hair back, wear make-up that creates a natural look. Wear clean jeans or black pants and a nice jacket that goes with your pizza uniform. Same goes for your car. Keep it clean.
- Carry Pizza "Freebies". Plates, forks, Parmesan packets, pepper packets, etc. Anything the pizza store offers to customers for free, carry a supply in your car in a clean container. Having these things available if asked can very likely lead to an additional tip. You can increase your pizza delivery tips if you have these available whenever asked.
- Carry A Large Amount of One Dollar Bills. If the person's change is $6 and you have them a $5 dollar bill and a $1 dollar bill, you are increasing your odds for only a $1 tip as a $5 seems to much for many people, However, if you had back $6 in ones, your customer is more likely to offer a tip of $2 to $4.
- Keep Your Radio Low. If your goal is to make money with pizza delivery tips, keep that radio at a low level when approaching the street your customer lives on. If they can hear you coming 4 houses away, the may very well assume you are a rude pizza delivery driver and stiff your tip before you even step onto the porch.
- Avoid Mistakes. Before you leave the store, always check once more to make sure your orders are correct. Catch mistakes before the pizzas leave the store. This will give you more time to make more money instead of returning back to a house because something wasn't correct.