How to Make Purple Heart Donations: An Overview of Many Options
The Military Order of the Purple Heart was established in 1958 by Congressional charter for men and women in the United States military who have been awarded with the Purple Heart Metal. Though the Military Order offers scholarships and other programs exclusive to those who belong to it, its National Service Program is dedicated helping all veterans. You can support the Military Order of the Purple Heart by donating money, vehicles, clothing, and many other things such as software, wheelchairs, and office supplies.
All donations go toward
What Does the MPOH Service Program Do?
The Military Order of the Purple Heart's Service Program provides assistance to veterans, as well as orphans, widows, and other dependents. They provide representation for veterans who have been denied benefits in Washington, DC, present veterans' claims before the Court of Veterans Appeal, offer service to veterans in both cities and remote areas, educate veterans about their benefits, and process their claims for compensation, medical care, education, job training, and more.
The Service Program also identifies and helps homeless veterans and will reach out to those who cannot make it to their office in Virginia (keep in mind that the Service Program has local offices across the United States).
How and What Can I Donate?
If you want to give a Purple Heart donation, you are in luck! The MOPHSF has done as much as it can to make giving donations as easy as possible. Your options include:
- Donations via credit card which can be executed online (all major cards are accepted)
- Donations via check (these can be sent to the the following address:)
Military Order of the Purple Heart Service Foundation, Inc
7008 Little River Turnpike, PO Box 49
Annandale, VA 22003
- Vehicles (over 500,000 have been donated so far, and they make it very easy to do)
- Clothing (you can schedule a clothing pickup by visiting www.veteranpickup.org. Very convenient!)
- Memorial donations: These are gifts in honor of a loved one. Contact the headquarters office when making the donation to ensure that they have the right mailing address for the person in whose honor you are making a donation.
- An in-kind donation: The Service Foundation is especially hoping for donations of office software, transport vehicles, wheelchairs, and publishing services for marketing materials
- Matching gifts: If you want to get other people excited about the cause and increase donations, consider offering a matching donation!
- Corporate gifts: Your company can donate to the Purple Heart Service Foundation just as you can individually.