- Personal Finance»
- Frugal Living
Shopping At Sams Club
Shopping at Sam's Club is my personal nightmare! I can't stand giving a company that treats their customers like thieves from the minute they walk in the door until the minute they exit the building, my money.
Unfortunately i must shop there on a weekly basis, sometimes two or three times a week. As a small business owner Sam's happens to be the only place in the area with certain supplies that I need. If I could find an alternate source I would never go in there again.
The only thing I like about the store is the pricing. That being said here is the list of reasons I don't like Sams Club......
1. I have to pay to be a member to shop there.
2. I have to show my card to enter (communism).
3.Store so crowded you can not walk through the isles. Customers just stop and socialize like nobody has anything else to do.
4.Business member hours are during the busiest time of day for my business that I can not go.
5.Does not matter what time of day I go if I have to use the rest room Its being cleand and I can not enter. At least their cleaning it, but when your eyes are floating you need to go now!
6.The employees are not helpful. If you can't find an item, they don't know where it is, or just plain don't care if you find it.
7.Lines at cash registers 20 people deep they do not open more registers and the cashiers don't try to move a little faster. For that matter neither do some of the customers.
8. Customers block isles and won't move so others may pass.
9. Once a year we get our new licenses like tobacco, or sales tax. I turned them in early so not to have issues and what do you know, I could not get through the register without issues because their employees did not do their job. Who gets punished me, the customer.
10. They give no bags or boxes for your merchandise.
11. The cashier is required to lift and move every item on your cart, like you can really hide some bulk packaging under anything.
12.Every Time I enter the cigarette room I get attacked by the staff about being a reseller or not. You would think after once a week for the last 3 years they might remember me. But hey maybe its because I'm a white, American, female and don't fit the criteria of a convenience store owner.
13. When its time to leave you have to stand in long lines to have your merchandise checked against your reciept. Again treated like a thief. If I treated my customers like that I wouldn't have any.
Just a thought do you think Sam Walton wanted his customers treated this way. I don't know but I can say I am so sick of corporate America I just want to scream.
There are so many things that the 99% ers say that is so true. The 1% needs to come off their high horse.
Sam's Club if you ever read this or take the time to listen to your customers please wake up. I know you don't really care because so many of us have to shop there because of price. But is it really a deal when you force us to buy so much at once?