Six Successful Strategies that Can Increase Your Earnings on HubPages
Six Different Methods You Can Use to Make Money on HubPages
After spending the last four months reading hubs, running experiments and keeping accurate data I learned a few things. As many of you know, success is no accident. If you want to be successful, you must have a goal and create a plan. Success on HubPages is no different. There are several different methods that are being used to make money on HubPages and no matter what your talents are, you can use one to earn money here. More on that later.
When I first started at HubPages several years ago, I was determined to apply my SEO knowledge to make money. Did it work? Yes, I earned money from Adsense. Was it a lot? Nope. However, I was earning Adsense checks using my personal sites. HubPages just added to the earnings. I diversify my online revenue streams because I learned a long time ago, you should never depend on one source of income. Search engine traffic helped me earn from Adsense and Amazon, but it wasn't significant.
In March 2012, I realized that the HubPages Ad Program could be profitable. I earned 10.42 in one month, with only about 24 hubs that had been written 3 years before! Passive income is the best kind of income. That motivated me to start researching how to improve my hubs and increase my earnings. I reached the HubPages payout on April 2012, payment received on May 2012. It took me two months to get my second HubPages payment on July 2012.
What did I learn about making money on HubPages?
Reading hub after hub filled with statistics, tables and screen shots of payments taught me that there are six techniques that can be used to make money on a steady basis. Everyone has different strengths and weaknesses. Find a method that works for you and stick to it. You will see results.
Six Methods That Help You Earn on HubPages
- Write often. That's right. Publish several hubs a day. This method works very well for hubbers like JTWalters. She writes about what she experiences. She shares her knowledge. Her collection of hubs resemble a blog. The advantage of this method is that she receives regular page views. The down side is that one has to continue writing regularly to maintain the traffic, since the HubPages Ad Program is the main source of revenue.
- Concentrate writing hubs in a niche. This method is very profitable for Janet21. She has a large collection of hubs that deliver page views and sales. Have a hobby or know a lot about a specific topic? Write lots of hubs full of rich content on what you know. Don't forget to link them together. This method has two advantages. The first is that these hubs can earn from a minimum of 4 different income streams: HubPages Ad Program, ebay, Adsense, Amazon and other affiliate networks that you choose. The second advantage is that you can make lots of sales within the niche (especially when it's an evergreen category). Now that's passive income!
- Create product hubs. With proper use of keywords and backlinking, this method may bring lots of search engine traffic which increases the possibility of Adsense earnings, ebay clicks and / or Amazon sales. (Sorry, the hubber I used as an example deleted his hubs).He used this method very well. He has a large collection of hubs on various products. Another method that delivers passive income.
- Write hubs about trending topics. By writing about popular searches on Google, Yahoo, Bing or twitter you can generate lots of traffic in a short amount of time. LauryAllan has mastered this technique. She loves watching TV shows. She creates hubs on the various episodes and receives tons of unique visitors in a short period of time. The disadvantage of this method is that you must continuously write hubs to sustain the page views and earnings.
- Write controversial hubs. These generate lots of views, arguments, drama, comments and shares. I'm not going to link to the hubbers that excel at this because I avoid drama. I have 7 kids that keep me busy enough! LOL! The advantages are that they are shared on social sites. There are two big disadvantages. First, it can bring trouble. The second is you have to continuously write new hubs.
- Write evergreen content. Helpful hubs that cover how to do things will always get search engine traffic (with proper keyword use and backlinks). These hubs will earn money for you as long as they are on the internet. JimmytheJock has a nice variety of this kind of hub.
What method do I use?
The first hubs I wrote were a combination of niche, product hubs and evergreen content. In 2009, I wrote several hubs on SEO and creating backlinks. Next, I created some product hubs. I would love to publish hubs on a daily basis, but that's difficult. As a mom to 7 kids, I don't have the time. I get the ideas, but don't have the time to develop them into a hub. I don't think I will ever be able to use this method. Forget about controversial hubs. I have been considering using the trending topic, but haven't gotten around to it. I have done it on several of my blogs and the technique works 100%!
So, now you have the tools to make money on HubPages. Alll you need to do is pick a method and take action!
I hope you enjoyed reading this hub! Be sure to take the time to share this with your followers by email, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook or other social bookmarking site. Don't forget to leave any comments or questions below. Thanks for reading!
© 2012 supermom_in_ny