- Personal Finance»
- Family Budget
So You Thought That Money Can Buy Everything --Think Again
Money Is Important In Life~~But Can It Buy Everything!
© Chitrangada Sharan, October 2015
All Rights Reserved.
- An interesting debate was going on among a group of young friends while I was travelling in the Delhi Metro.
- Fresh graduates just out of their college and in search of jobs with so many dreams in their mind and some experience of life, which 'they' thought was 'lot of experience.'
- The subject of discussion was of course, how to earn big--big amount of salary and be wealthy and happy.'
- With no offence to the young minds, it made me think---'Why don't they understand that money cannot buy everything?'
- It is only when we reach a certain age, like mine that we realize that the whole of life has been spent upon earning money, more money and spending even more money than we have earned.
- But perhaps happiness is still far away from us.
Money Can Provide Security But That Is No Guarantee For Happiness!
When I say this that does not mean, one should not make effort to earn lot of money.
After all who wants to be poor!
Poverty is a curse and no one should be deprived of the basic necessities of life that is food, shelter and clothing.
Many World leaders and celebrities have grown up in poor households with great hardships. But given a choice, would they want to go back to their past life experiences?
Many people who are financially sound today have worked hard to achieve whatever success they have to accumulate money. But the main purpose of life should not be to accumulate money.
We should have enough money needed for our survival.
There Are Certain Things That Money Cannot Buy:
♣ Love And Affection:
Have you heard of some old folk stories where a king lived in a grand, majestic palace but was so lonely, because there were no loved ones to shower love and affection to him.
These stories are not uncommon even today. I have seen both young and old alike longing for that affectionate hug, a supporting pat on the back from a loved one.
They may be living in big magnificent bungalows and expensive houses but they may be deprived of the love and affection of some close family or friends.
Can money provide them these pleasures of life?
♣ Mental Peace and Emotional Calmness:
Peace is something that cannot be bought by money.
Peace can be cultivated through your own effort, through your own thought process.
We must accept the good and the bad happenings of our lives and think in a positive way and that is the only way to achieve mental peace and emotional stability.
We may spend vast amount of money as individuals and organisations in the name of “peace”. But there is no evidence that these vast sums of money have been able to achieve “peace."
Money Cannot Buy Time!
How many times have you wished, 'I wish I had more time!:
The countdown of our life begins from the moment we are born.
Can money change this ?
Can we buy some more days to live?
Can we turn the clock backwards to change some of the unpleasant moments of our life?
No, we cannot do any of these things even if we were millionaires.
No amount of money can extend life in spite of so many advanced medical treatments and discoveries.
The richest people may spend countless amount of money for their health issues but they can only delay and not avoid the end of life.
You cannot buy everything by money!
♣ Health And Prevention From Disease:
We often say that "Health is wealth"!
This implies that we must maintain and take care of our natural health by means of healthy lifestyle, proper and healthy food and adequate physical activities, exercises and Yoga so that we do not fall ill or suffer from diseases.
While it is true that it is the money that can buy expensive medicines, healthcare or health insurance, it cannot replace natural good health.
Remember natural healthcare does not cost you anything!
♣ Intelligence and Knowledge and Talent:
There are many examples of great thinkers, philosophers, scientists and learned men who were not rich enough to pursue even their studies. But they had the talent and earned further knowledge with whatever means they had. In this way they set examples for mankind.
Spending money on education is important and parents do their best to educate their children. But the information that the children accumulate, the elements of their intelligence and their wisdom cannot be purchased with money.
The abilities that we possess in our mind and body may be called natural talent. Money can certainly help to develop or fine tune a talent, it cannot buy a talent.
Some people are born with certain skills and some can be nurtured but skills cannot be bought with money.
Can money buy everything?
To Sum up this discussion:
- Many might disagree with the above discussion that money cannot buy everything.
- Even I believe that money is important and we must have enough money to live a comfortable life.
- We must understand that while money can help you buy a house but you yourself can make it a happy home with your love and care for all your loved ones.
- It is your behaviour in that house that can build strong and affectionate relationships to last for a lifetime.
- Similarly money can buy a clock for you but you have to learn time management and be organised in your life.
- We must value time and fulfil our Worldly responsibilities to attain mental peace and a feeling of satisfaction that cannot be bought with money.
- We must keep in mind that we are not here forever.
- We can buy books but we have to work hard to earn knowledge and education so that later on you are able to achieve a position and respect for yourself and be useful to the society.
- Therefore money is necessary to make us happy, to feel safe and secure financially but it is not everything one should desire for.
© Chitrangada Sharan, 30th October, 2015
All Rights Reserved.
PROTECTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY!
Money song, source: You tube
Money can't buy everything, source: You tube
Other hubs by Chitrangada Sharan
- Life Is So Unpredictable--Are We Prepared? What If S...
Life is so uncertain and vulnerable. We hate to think about this; but what if something happens unexpectedly? Are you prepared? Have you made sure that your close ones do not face any hardships?
- There Is No End To Desires: The Key To Happiness Is ...
A small girl taught an important lesson of life to me. Even if you have one house, one car, many dresses you want more! Why? Because there is no end to desires. Satisfaction is the key to happiness!
- Appreciate What You Have~~ Do Not Regret What You Do...
Last night, I had a conversation with 'God' in my dream. I asked him questions about problems of life.'He' advised me to appreciate'Life' , count what I have; not to complain about, what I don't have.
- Some Small Desires Are Yet To Be Fulfilled!~~~~ A Po...
The desire to be together till eternity~~True love can not be expressed in words. Flowers can help to express beautifully. But some deep feelings and unfulfilled desires, even flowers cannot express.
© 2015 Chitrangada Sharan