Steps on How to Pay off Credit Card Debt and How to Use it Properly
There are easy steps on how to pay off credit card debt and how to properly use it thereafter
.Credit cards are just like what the name implies, “credit card” or “card for credit“, it is still money which you owe yourself and the issuer of the credit cards and needed to be paid. Sometimes we cant equate credit card with money, that’s why we go on spending spree, only to be shocked later on regarding the billings and that you have accumulated big debts through it. I was like that for the past ten years prior to giving up many credit cards. I learned to use just one now and I only used it for emergency purposes. How did I pay my credit cards? We need determination and patience.
Paying off Credit Card Debt
If you find yourself making interest payments every month on your credit cards follow these steps on how to pay off credit card debt
1. If you have a computer, utilize spreadsheet or excel in monitoring your credits due to card, expenses, and earnings in a month. Add your monthly expenses and subtract them from your monthly income. This is your disposable income after expenses, the amount you have each month to use for other expenses. If it is negative it is time for you to cut back on expenses or else find another job to supplement your income, so that your disposable income becomes bigger.
2. Learn how not to use your credit cards, and pay cash every time you need to buy something.
3. Take a look intently on your credit card debt. If you have more than one credit card, examine the one who has low interest rate, and if you want you transfer your balances to the other one which has the lower rates.
4. Start to pay your credit card debt using your disposable income, pay it religiously and try to pay not only the minimum amount, but pay the maximum amount you can afford. During the times that you are paying off your other credit cards (if you cant transfer the account) try to live frugally and stick to your budget.
5. If you are able to transfer other credit cards to only one card, then it is easier for you now to monitor your expenses and payment of the remaining debt will be easier.
6. Start to pay the debt in your remaining card and don’t miss any payment as this will increase the amount to be paid the next time you need to pay it. Remember your credit has gone up because you transferred some debts in your sole credit card.
Now you have only one card, it is easier to manage it and you can have a sigh of relief. I know you will.
How to use a credit card wisely
Now, after settling things with your credit cards, it is time for you to properly used it without worrying and becoming a cool credit card user. The most important things for you is to completely pay off the bill every month. Think of the credit card as using cash that is reserved each month for the items charged, then it means there is no interest charged.
There you go, just follow the steps on how to pay off credit card debt and how to use the card thereafter and you will never be a happy spender.