- Personal Finance»
- Debt & Bankruptcy
Tired of being on the credit treadmill
Will a Debt Settlement Program help you get out of debt
If any of what you are going to read sounds similar to your situation then you may want to contact a debt negotiations company to see if they can settle all of your credit card debt and help you get back on track.
Now I am sure that most of you can agree with what I am going to say because it has probably happened to you. I hear from people on a daily basis how they have never been late, missed a payment, or have gone over their limits but the credit card company has still raised their interest rates.
Now instead of paying $200.00 for minimum payments they have to pay $400.00 to 600.00 a month. It is happening to a lot of use, we are paying double and triple the amount of money every month for our minimum payments. This is known as the Universal default clause, which in other words mean they can raise your interest rates or cut your line of credit for any reason they want and believe me they will do it to you.
They even they try to get people to sign up by offering a rewards programs and incentives especially in regards to balance transfers. For example they will offer a very low A.P.R. and you can pay off your other cards and have just one monthly payment. This is another way people get deeper in debt because even though you were paying an APR of 9.9 and they offered an APR of 4.9 to switch over you could very easily end up paying an interest way over the 9.9% you originally had with the other card. As many of you now know the credit card companies can raise your interest whenever the feel like it.
The credit card company doesn't even give any warning before they raise the interest most of the time. You have no idea it is happened until you open your statement and see it in front of you. it does not matter if you have always paid on time and never missed a payment. When the credit card companies start raising your interest they know full well that they are putting you in a bad situation.
This is playing a big part in why so many Americans are falling behind on their payments. They just can't afford to pay out all that money and still provide the necessities for their family. It is not an option to stop paying your rent or the mortgage on your home. You can't go without food and electricity. It is hard enough to cover all of the other expenses for your day to day living.
Most people I speak with want to pay off their credit card debts, they just can't afford to pay what the credit card company are now charging. If only they would work with them on some kind of payment plan that they could afford. If you are lucky the credit card company will take a settlement offer if you are 5 months behind. All you have to do is give it to them in one or sometimes even two payments. Now correct me if I am wrong but if you had that much money available you won't be having that conversation with them
If you are paying minimum payments then you have noticed that you keep paying month after month and you are not seeing any real decline in you principle balance. If you paid minimum payments on your credit cards and being the way it is structured it would take you over 40 years to pay off the balance. If you really think about it by the time you pay off that balance you would of actually pay the balance over a couple of times. It will really make you mad to think about all that money going to them to line their fat pockets.
This is why it is very important that you start dealing with your debts now and stop putting it off month after month. If you are ready to get out of debt then you can look into a Credit Card Debt Settlement Program. Make sure that the company is in good standings and that there is not a long list of complaints against them. You should check out every company with the BBB just to be sure.
You also need to make sure you completely understand the program and make sure all of your questions are answered. There are some companies that will try to get you to sign up within the first few minutes of the conversation without really knowing your whole situation or without reviewing your accounts to make sure they are able to negotiate a settlement with your creditors.
We are committed to helping you find a way to get off the credit treadmill and back on track. You owe it to yourself to at-least know what your options are. So if you are behind or feel you are going to start to fall behind then take a look at our structured debt settlement program and see what we can do for you . All we ask for is that you give use 1% of your confidence and let us earn the other 99%. You work too hard for your money; stop giving it to the credit card companies and start putting back where it belongs. Remember all it takes is one call to start on a new path.