Review of USAA Home and Auto Insurance
USAA Insurance Review and Quotes
USAA provides home and auto insurance for active military members, veterans, including their families. Their customer service offers a wide selection of insurance coverage and scores high in customer approval. Members may set up retirement plans, bank, and invest with USAA.
USAA Car Insurance Coverage Options and Discounts
Car insurance coverage through USAA generates insurance quotes based on these options:
Coverage options: USAA provides auto insurance coverage with a variety of options and discounts to its members.
- Rideshare – Covers Uber or Lyft drivers when they log onto the rideshare app and wait for a customer request.
- Comprehensive coverage - Pays for damage caused by any incident excluding a collision or rollover, includes damage because of theft, vandalism, fire, flooding, and hail.
- Collision coverage - Pays for damage to the car resulting from a collision or rollover no matter who is at fault.
- Liability coverage – The coverage combines options including bodily injury, uninsured motorists’ coverage, including property damage. Liability offers to parts of coverage, which are bodily injury and property damage.
- Rental reimbursement – Your option for a rental car during the time your vehicle is under repair because of an insurance claim.
- Accident forgiveness – Your family remains accident-free for five years. Your premium will not increase when one at-fault accident happens.
- Roadside assistance – The service when your vehicle breaks down, need a tow or repair the vehicle. The services include tire change, deliver gas, or unlock your vehicle.
- Safe driver – An excellent driving record is good for over five years.
- Defensive driving – Take a driving skills course approved by USAA.
- Driver training – Any driver under the age of 21 who completes a standard driver training course.
- Young Driver - Drivers younger than 21 can complete a basic driver training course.
- Good student – Students who drive and uphold good grades.
- New vehicle – New car is not over 3-years old.
- Multi-Vehicle – There is more than one car under insurance coverage.
- Annual mileage – The car drove low-mileage in a year.
- Vehicle storage – Up to 60% discount while the insured car is stored.
- Bundle – There are discounts available when combining auto and home insurance coverage.
Home Insurance Coverage and Discounts
USAA insurance customer service helps you get your life moving in the right direction with homeowner’s insurance. It covers home and personal belongings without factoring in depreciation:
- Fire - Helps the cost of reconstruction of property, repair, and replacement.
- Theft – Covers burglary, replacing lost or stolen items, and any damage to the property like forced entry.
- Vandalism – Covers spray painting, egging property, slashed tires, broken windows, tapering with plumbing, and destroying property in general.
- Most weather-related events – Helps the cost of damage caused by hail, rain, wind, lightning, and tornado.
- Liability – Whether you or someone else on your property gets hurt, the protection is in place.
- Identity theft – Help the costs of trying to reinstate your identity and repair your overall credit.
- Home Sharing – Renting out a room or sharing your house, if anything happens to you or your home.
- Military uniforms – Lost or stolen uniforms covered while deployed or on active duty.
- Home location – Check and see if your home’s location lowers your premium.
- Home construction materials – Materials used to build the house like steel or brick could lower the premiums, including sprinkler systems, security systems, and bolt locks.
- Military affiliation – Active duty or veterans received discounts.
- Continued USAA loyalty — Retaining multiple USAA products and uninterrupted coverage.
USAA Ratings, Reviews, Customer Satisfaction, and Complaints
The Better Business Bureau gave USAA a score of B- (A+ highest to F the lowest) because of government actions placed against the insurance company. Customer Reviews gave the company 1.25 stars out of 5 with complaints about product and service where the settlement payment did not arrive or very late.
Consumer Affairs reports USAA received positive reviews for customer service and online rating with 1.25 stars out of 5.
Reasons Why USAA Is a Great Option
Who is this insurance company best for?
USAA membership allows only military members and retirees, including active duty, guard, officer candidates, reserve, military veterans, and family members.
Rates appear competitive because of limited memberships – only military.
The company offers advice on family matters to military life. All USAA insurance claims available for direct deposited for members who bank with USAA.
Additional Policies Offered by USAA
USAA includes insurance for life, renters, rental property, boat, RV, and motorcycle.
- (Best & Worst) USAA Auto Insurance Reviews - ConsumerAffairs
USAA sells auto and property insurance to members of the U.S. military and their families.
- USAA | BBB Rating Overview | Better Business Bureau® Profile
Learn how USAA earned its B-. BBB ratings represent BBB's opinion of how businesses interact with customers.
Online estimated auto USAA insurance quotes are available. Homeowners' insurance quotes are available by call or email the insurance company.
© 2019 Kenna McHugh