- Personal Finance»
- Frugal Living
Unlimited Tips on How to Find the Most Frugal Person at Home
Frugality begins at home.
I like the sound of the sentence. It's synonymous with "Charity begins at home." As the search begins for the most frugal person at home, I become observant of what the mother, father and their offsprings are doing for the entire day, weeks, months and years.
Probably, we can early issue a very sound presumption that mothers are the most frugal persons in many homes. Okay, I agree; but, there are instances that fathers can win this no-nonsense 'frugal contest' and one will not spend a single cent or dime just to find one. Or maybe their son or daughter will be runaway winners.
So, without getting serious about money matters, let's search the nooks and crannies of our homes and find that Mr. Frugal or Ms. Frugal without being accused of spying one's privacy.
Be ready with your video-camera, spying gadgets intact and keep your eyes open and jot down the 'frugality factors' that you noticed.
It's better than those crime and spy movies we used to watch at night. This can be a whole day search but not tedious as it seems.
Enjoy your 'spy job' and spill it out to me when your done.
Are you ready?
Who did these acts of frugality?
Are your one of the frugal heroes?. Admit it in a loud voice if you've been frugal on the following:
1. Saving the candy canes and other decors on the Christmas tree and use them for next year and so on and so forth, until it's time for replacement.
2. Reusing your garbage bag. You can empty the contents into the truck and bring the bags with you and use it for next week. Wait, who's the garbage man of the house?
3. Reuse your tea bags, as many times as you can. You store it in the fridge to avoid or slow the process of contamination.
4. After using one end of the cotton bud, return it in the box ready for the other end to be use next time.
5. Don't turn on your aircon on hot days everyday. Instead spend it somewhere, at the park, in the library or mingle with your neighbors.
6. Shake the excess water off your disposable razor, clean it with rubbing alcohol and store in dry place.
7. Never write on Christmas cards you send your family and friends. Instead write on a piece of paper. Surely, the card can be reused. don't be surprised if they return it back to you.
8. Flip your mattress. Rotate it every month to extend its life span.
9. Seal leafy vegetables, as in lettuce, spinach in a zipper storage bag with a moistened papaer towl to add crispness for days.
10. Don't use your clothes dryer. Use clothesline, instead and sun dry your clothes.
11. Cut or halve your soap bar or detergent bar for longer consumption.
12. Scoop out the bits of lipstick from the tube with a lip brush then use it.
13. Resole your leather shoes with rubber to prevent wearing. It will last longer.
14. Separate bananas to keep them yellow longer. Bananas produce ethylene gas that cause them to ripen and separating the bunch will slow down the process.
15. Drive for hours with air-conditioning switched off and the windows up.
16. Don't throw meat with freezer burn. Cut that portion and make stew for you dog or cat.
17. Spend your anniversay at a greeting card shop and read mesages on the cards to each other. No champagne to drink, but with hearts touched without compromising your wallets.
18. Keep an empty coffee cup in the car. You can easily get a 'refill' at a fastfood outlet offering such service.
19. Be a fan of garage sale. There are many treasures you'll gonna find.
20. Shop at thrift store often than cozy supermarts.
Can you add more? And who's the winner?
I'm sure, your guess is as good as mine.
Unlimited Tips on Frugality from other Hubbers
- How to Cut Costs-The Best Ideas for Frugal Living
My father was a very frugal man. Born in 1930, he was a product of the Great Depression, and told stories of those memories; hence he never threw a thing away that could be used for future use. Growing up...
- Money Orders at Walmart
After changing my banking habits a few years ago and closing my checking account, I have become masterful at the art of using money orders to pay my bills. Money orders that I usually purchase at Walmart...
- Pain Free Cutting Costs
There are several ways you can cut you personal and household cost cost that are pain free. If you want to cut spending or need to cut spending then take a look at what can be changed. For instance,...
- A Practical Guide To Frugal Grocery Shopping
Implementing simple changes into your weekly grocery shopping will immediately help you start saving money. Not only is budget grocery shopping easy, but giving a little bit of thought to how we buy our food...
- Painless Ways to Trim Expenses
I have an acquaintance who is semi retired, worth at least a few million dollars, and lives a very comfortable life. He is also about the cheapest guy Ive ever met. When weve called him on...