- Personal Finance
5 Ways to Make Money While in Nursing School
Financial Survival During Nursing School
If you are in Nursing school and need extra money, but with your crazy school and study schedule, its impossible to have a normal job, I will list a few things that some of my fellow class mates did while still in school. Some of them actually made some extra money, while others got jobs that were easy to integrate into their nursing school life.
Some students actually double their stress level, and therefore their ability to succeed, because of financial worries. You do not have to go into extreme debt, or depression just because you are in school. Your priority should be your NCLEX studies, not your car being repossessed. I hope this inspires some creative ideas on how to survive financially while studying.
Start A Blog
1) Blogging: Some of my former classmates made great money with Google blogger. All they had to do is post something related to nursing school and their studies and they made money through affiliate (AdSense) advertizing. This takes time to build up an audience who even know you exist, so if you are not a great marketer, you may want to try something else first.
Get Paid To Write Articles
2) Hubpages: Did I just say try something else? If blogging sounds great, but you don't like feeling like you are completely on your own, hubpages is heaven sent. It can actually speed up the whole process of getting your blog started, by getting your hubpage community to learn about your blog. However, I must urge you not to put signing up off because hub writing will also take time for your to build up enough hubs and gain friends to start making money. Just join this site now and get the sign up over with. Begin writing a few articles on recipes, nursing school, or instructional information, because you will also need to add Google AdSense in order to get paid, which can take a few weeks. I believe AdSense will accept you only after at least two hubs have been posted, as they want to see your writing ability.
Gain Valuable Resume Experience While Being paid
3) CPR Instructor: One of my clinical instructors did this and recommended it to her class because we are qualified and the money is very easy, because you will often times be working on the weekend teaching a class. It is not just a mindless job that leaves you wishing that you were studying, because it is reinforcing some of the things you have learned. This is also a great thing to be able to list on a resume after graduation. Click Red Cross for information
Gat Fast, Easy Money
4) WebAnswers: I have not personally done this one, but I have heard of people making $30-$50 rather quickly. They say that you can make more money doing this a lot faster than you can with hubpages, but after your hubpages have been out for several months, the money earned is substantially more. To try WebAnswers yourself just SignHere today. The sooner you begin, the closer you will be to making easy money. They require that you answer a few questions for free before they begin paying.
Start A Small eBay Business
5) Selling items on eBay: This is something that is so easy that anyone can do. You don't have to know how to write or be computer savvy, just learn how to work the system. Those who are successful with eBay find niches, some start their own eBay store, and others buy large quantities of items and then sell them individually at marked up prices. It is possible to make money online, it just takes learning how to be your own boss.