Ways to Make Someone Feel Special on Their Birthday Without Spending Too Much Money
Birthdays are a day to celebrate your birth, a day to celebrate YOU! If you are like me you don't want to spend a lot of money on birthdays but you want to make sure that special someone (husband, wife, child, mom, dad, etc.) has a memorable day. I'm going to share cheap and easy ways to make sure the birthday boy/girl has an unforgettable day filled with love and joy!
1. Shower them with love as they wake up!
- Buy a package of balloons and decorate the house with them. You can hang the balloons in the doorway or let your birthday star wade through the balloons as they get ready in the morning. I've found packages of balloons for as low as $.97.
- Cut out hearts and write what you love about that person. Use the hearts to cover a door the birthday star will walk through.
- Make a mini booklet of reasons why that person is special to you. Everyone can appreciate starting the day off by reading positive statements about themselves.
- If you have children, have them make homemade cards.
- Sprinkle confetti throughout the house.
2. Show some love with food from the house!
- Have their favorite foods ready for breakfast.
- Make a face with their food (something to make them smile).
- Write a message with whipped cream if making waffles or pancakes.
- Pack their lunch and leave a special note inside.
3. Invite family and friends for dinner!
Being surrounded by those that you love is a great way to enjoy your birthday!
- Have each guest/family bring a dish.
- Bake a cake and sing happy birthday.
- Play card games or board games.
- Gather around the fire pit if the weather permits.
- Listen to music or karaoke.
- Play an outdoor sport together.
- Reminisce while looking at old photo albums together.
4. Sprinkle special treats throughout the day.
- Text or email a birthday message throughout the day to let them know they are special to you and you are thinking of them.
- Leave a message of you singing Happy Birthday on their phone.
- Make them a crown or button to wear for the day.
- Decorate their chair as a birthday throne.
Store-bought presents will come and eventually go! To me, quality time and feeling loved is more than enough to make my birthday a special day! If you want to make someone feel special on their birthday, plan a day filled with their favorites!