Budget-Friendly Holiday Tips: Enjoy A Holiday By Just Walking
1. Prepare your backpack.
Are you raising a pair of eyebrows? Or are you're eyes bulging? Are you mad at me or with my suggestion?
Probably not. If you're willing for a day-long or a week-long adventure of a lifetime, you follow my tips on how to make your holiday worthwhile and be a gold leaf entry on your diary. By just walking. Yes! You can equip yourself with your backpack full of necessary toiletries, food snacks or bars, extra clothes and your handy traveling bed plus other gears in case of emergency. And don't forget your CAMERA.
You can start WALKING and start discovering your hometown or city and experience the once in a lifetime hunt for more exciting memories instead of traveling abroad for a holiday.
You can do it with your wife or your son and daughter, the whole family and the overrated option, your bestfriend. Bonding is the best way to travel as you embark on a journey you'll never regret you did. It will be just once in a lifetime. away from the stressful loads of your job.And lots of QUALITY TIME with your FAMILY and the extended ones (mother-in-law, etc.), too!
Then you can have an experience of sleeping underneath the starry sky at night and weave some foxy tales to the young ones.
Okay, let's start.
2. Visit your church.
The best way to start your adventure is first: walk straight to the church. Whatever your religious affiliation is, it's still appropriate to seek guidance to the the Supreme Being whom your faith belongs.
Have a brief meditation and focus yourself on how to achieve your goals for the next days of your holiday.
With the presence of your companion, you can monitor how you progress.
Or if you really want to be alone on your holiday, just be sure about your safety on the road.
Then, off you go to your next destination.
3. Roam the main streets of your place or city.
The melting point fo your place is the busy downtown. People in all walks of life go there for business and of course for food, pleasure and sightseeing. You can enjoy any of those things, according to your likings.
- Food - Different cuisines abound at many food outlets in the city. You can try Asian, European, American or even Russian dishes at affordable prices. Properly prepared streetfoods are more popular than the formal versions of it. You can order burger sandwich and drinks at low prices.
- Pleasure - Nightlife is a thrilling adventure. Just be careful in choosing your casual partner. The safest way is just flirt a little. Enjoy disco dancing and drink a little. A casual chit-chat with the girls and the usual cheek-to-cheek greetings will never leave you penniless. There are free concerts at the park. But don't sleep after the show, you might end up searching for you backpack and your wallet, too. Be aware of pickpockets or bag slashers that can hamper you traveling plans.
- Sightseeing - Most cities have parks to enjoy for a short rest. Sitting on the bench and exchanging glances with local tourists and saying hi and hello to you city neighbors can lighten up your day.
And now you're ready for the next stop.
4. Visit the museum or library.
Visit education edifice.
Most of the residents are not familiar with this edifice. More often than not, they just ignore it's presence, unless, there will be an educational tour for kids or elementary students.
Folks will say, most of the relics of the ancients are there. You can ask the curator about its history. Just don't be contented with its label. A deeper understanding on what happened in the past will broaden your knowledge about who you are and the existence of mankind in this world.
Rest and reflect.
It can be the rooftop of the highest building at your place or in the city. And the most credible is the peak of the local mountain.
At the top, you can admire the cityscape or landscape of your hometown.
You can admire how beautiful God's creation are...the flying birds, the setting sun, or even the city lights at night.
You can shout at the top of your voice and let your stress out of your system. Take a deep breath and relax, repeating it gradually and make a recollection of some memorable things that happened in your life. Then reflect.
I am sure that you'll go home fresh and new and ready to face your busy life with your job in a new light.
TRY WALKING on a HOLIDAY TRIP. You'll spend less money but will return home full of NEW & HAPPY MEMORIES.
Holiday Tips from Other Hubbers
- Budget-Friendly Wines for the Holidays
Best Budget-Friendly Red Wine Retails around $10.00 per bottle Not sure what to wear or what wine to bring to your next holiday gathering? Fashion police and wine enthusiasts both agree that a Little Black...
- Green Gifts - Environmentally Friendly Gifts For All Occasions
Green gifts can be inexpensive, thoughtful, and less harmful to the environment. Why spend money on expensive gifts when you can make, recycle, or find environmentally friendly gifts for all occasions? ...
- How To Celebrate The Holidays And Not Kill Your Budget
HOW TO ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS AND NOT KILL YOUR BUDGET Christmas and holidays in general have become more about spending, spending, spending and not having anything to show for it by the time they're over...
- How to Host Your First Thanksgiving Dinner on a Budget
So you are finally out on your own and have generously offered to host Thanksgiving dinner this year. Your excitement builds as you plan the menu and prepare your homeuntil you realize all of your plans...
- Holiday Tips that are Easy on Your Budget
It is good to stick to a budget any time of the year, but perhaps especially during the busy holiday season. For us, Christmas is a favorite time of year, but if we aren't careful, too much money can be...
Walk and visit Camarines Sur Watersports Complex on your holiday.
If you happen to be a local resident of my place, Camarines Sur, you'll enjoy the scenery at the provincial capitol complex and reach CWC (Camarines Sur Watersports Complex) by foot.
Many tourists, local and foreign alike, flock this unique hub for wakeboarding the whole year round. They keep on coming back because aside from this, they can extend their vacation at the Caramoan peninsula, where latest editions of Survivor series are being filmed at the Gota beach.
CWC - #1 Tourist Destination in the Philippines
Camarines Sur Watersports Complex is now the #1 tourist destination inthe Philippines plus the place for Survivor Series, Caramoan peninsula.Visit us!