ArtsAutosBooksBusinessEducationEntertainmentFamilyFashionFoodGamesGenderHealthHolidaysHomeHubPagesPersonal FinancePetsPoliticsReligionSportsTechnologyTravel

You Can Make Money Online Answering Questions

Updated on September 15, 2011

Earn extra Money by Answering Questions Online

Can you really earn money by answering questions online? It seems too easy.

It is easy.

Just don't expect to make a LOT of money.

But you can make a decent, small income answering questions online. There is a website similar to Yahoo Answers where you can make money for asking and answering everyday questions on all sorts of topics.

You just need to sign up for WebAnswers, and start answering people's questions.


Sign Up for WebAnswers

Simply go to www.webanswers.com and sign up for a new account.

This is not a referral link, by the way, just a direct link from the site. I get nothing if you sign up, although you CAN make more money by signing up referrals.

I just don't do referrals, and probably never will. It is not worth my while, and can cause problems on WebAnswers, especially if your referrals award you the answers. I just won't even bother dealing with that kind of thing.


Using Adsense to Make Money Online

You will also need an Adsense account.

You don't have to have one to start out.

You can sign up for one later, through WebAnswers. You will have to first answer 50 questions before you can either sign up for Adsense, or affiliate your code with the site.

It seems like a lot of questions to answer before you can start making money, but I understand the reasoning.

WebAnswers wants to be sure that each new account is a legitimate person who is only there to earn and answer questions to the best of their ability. It's a way to weed out the spammers, and people who are not serious about really making WebAnswers a great place.

Once your Adsense code is up, you can begin making money.

How it Works

So how does Webanswers work?

That's easy. You answer questions, and if someone clicks on your Adsense ads while your code is active, you get a percentage of the earnings. There are several instances where your Adsense code is active, as opposed to someone else's.

For all your Awarded answers, you get 60% of adsense, and WebAnswers takes the other 40%.

You also get a percentage of Adsense on unawarded answers, and possibly randomly throughout the site, depending on what your quality score is.

Nobody really knows what quality score is, or how the adsense is divided beyond Awarded answers, but ther are some basic guidelines to follow if you want to make more money.

Earning Money Through WebAnswers

There are a few tricks to making the most money on Webanswers.

There are rumors of at least one person making between $400 and $700 per month. Yet the more common claim is $100 to $200 for active users. I think the latter is probably the more accurate for the average, active user on WebAnswers.

To make the most of your time there, stay active on the site. That means 10 to 20 answers a day.

It's also a good idea to make longer, more detailed answers. These are the ones that get the awards, where you really make your money.

By longer answers, I am talking around three or four paragraphs, with a minimum of two. people simply choose the longer answers over the shorter ones.

It's also a good idea to stay away from bot questions.

Bot questions are easy to spot: they have a question, with no supporting details underneath. These questions are gleened from other places around the Internet, and are not asked by a live user. So you will never get awarded for these questions.

Same thing with old questions, over a month or so. These will likely never be awarded either.

So it's pretty basic. Write good, long answers, and stay active on WebAnswers if you want to make a few hundred extra dollars every month.


Comments

    0 of 8192 characters used
    Post Comment

    • gail641 profile image

      Gail Louise Stevenson 4 years ago from Mason City

      Hi, webanswers sounds like a great way to make extra money. Good idea for anyone who needs extra money. I know I could use extra money every month. I'm going to check webanswers out. very interesting, too.

    • profile image

      jhone 4 years ago

      signup this url and earn money

      http://www.2020gigs.com

    • jamila sahar profile image

      jamila sahar 5 years ago

      great hub, thanks for sharing this info !

    • kashmir56 profile image

      Thomas Silvia 5 years ago from Massachusetts

      Thanks for sharing all this good information, it will help all those people looking to make some extra money .

    • Cloverleaf profile image

      Cloverleaf 5 years ago from Calgary, AB, Canada

      Hi, thanks for this info, I have heard about webanswers but haven't checked it out yet. Can you post links in your answers, for example back to your hubs if you think your hub would help to answer a question?

      Cloverleaf.