I have just begun to work with a lender to try and purchase a home my credit score is 41 pionts off

I have just begun to work with a lender to try and purchase a home my credit score is 41 pionts off the recommended amount to qualify for a loan. I was told by the lender to get three secured cards to boost my credit up those few points so that I can be approved faster. I already have two regular credit cards and one other regular account reporting as good credit. I could afford to do this if I need to but I don't want it to effect me in any way. My question is how many secured cards should a person get before it reflects as bad on your credit repor, did the lender tell me right or wrong.

Financial Help profile image61

Financial Help says

jrcemail profile image74

jrcemail says

debbyray says

4closurefraud32 profile image60

4closurefraud32 says