*Join a temp services firm that pays the same work week - for example, work M-F, get paid that Friday. They do exist.
* Bake cookies, sell them in small plastic bags in a public place that gets a lot of traffic, weighing each bag to make sure they are uniform. Homemade cookies, if they are good, sell quickly and you have cash fast!
*Sell items on E-Bay, have never tried it but it works well for many.
*Offer to babysit a youngster. Many career moms pay well to have a good caretaker - they need to get out a bit too and it's a treat for them to escape a little.
* Offer to bake (wedding cake, birthday cake, etc) for friends and be sure to charge enough to cover your expenses plus labor. Ask for a deposit up front - that is commonly done and fair business procedures.
* teach a foreign language or tutor a student in a field you are fluent in.
* start a dog-walking service. Charge a daily rate and ask for a week's payment up front.
* O desk is another option, but you have at least a ten day wait after your work week ends, so that isn't too fast...
* Wash cars for the neighborhood - don't charge less than a fair hourly rate plus expenses. Most people don't have time. Offer to clean the inside and detail (a half day job) for a better price.
* Clean houses for a client or two a month. The little extra spending money can help pay off debt or buy groceries, it's tax free, and you're getting some exercise!
Good luck :)