Cas Merchant profile image 60

When eating out, traveling, etc..., do you tip people who earn an hourly wage?

I used to tip everybody from the postman to the hotel maids and coffee shop counter help. But, let's face it, the economy is sinking and that becomes expensive. I have had to cut back and now, for instance, I tend to not tip, as a rule, those who are already earning hourly pay. If you have a job with steady pay and especially benefits, I feel that tipping should not be expected. However, I will be generous with tips to those who don't -such as cab drivers (earns approx. 40% commission and rarely gets benefits) and resaurant servers (who earn only $2.63 per hour and get no benefits).

samnashy profile image84

Sam Graham (samnashy) says

Bob Ewing profile image56

Bob Ewing says

Khal Blogo profile image61

Khal Blogo says