MarleneB profile image 95

How do people survive when their unemployment compensation runs out?

In the town where I live, entire business complexes are shut down. Jobs are few and opportunities are nonexistent. I often wonder what people do to eat, pay bills, and so on when their unemployment compensation runs out. Do they move in with relatives? Do they move to shelters? Do they live in the streets? How do they survive? That's really the question here.

Dubuquedogtrainer profile image61

Dubuquedogtrainer says

• MarleneB profile image

Marlene Bertrand (MarleneB) 5 years ago

You are so right. I don't have the means to help with shelter, but whenever I come in contact with someone who is hungry, I always provide a meal for them. It's the least I can do.

dennis.cherenkov profile image79

dennis.cherenkov says

Joan King profile image78

Joan King says

• Dubuquedogtrainer profile image

Dubuquedogtrainer 5 years ago

You have to have money to move.

noenhulk profile image56

noenhulk says

• Joan King profile image

Joan King 5 years ago

For sure, the idea is to have a plan and try to make an income before the unemployment runs out. In some countries people don't even get unemployment so it should be seen as a temporary help to get you over the hump then you are on your own.