Wesley Meacham profile image 92

Can you open a US bank account from outside of the United States?

I closed my bank account shortly after leaving the US because at the time I did not need it. However I recently had to begin paying on my student loans. This would be easier if I still had a bank account in the US. (Hindsight is 20/20, right?) So I need to find out if it is possible to open an account with a US bank without physically being in the US and without having to link that account to one you already have (Banks like ING Direct allows you to open an account online but you need to link it to a US account you already have).

Paul Kuehn profile image88

Paul Richard Kuehn (Paul Kuehn) says

• Wesley Meacham profile image

Wesley Meacham 4 years ago

Thanks Paul.

MortgageGuy profile image70

MortgageGuy says

• Wesley Meacham profile image

Wesley Meacham 4 years ago

I'm not likely to have an SSN? You must not have read my whole question. I have an SSN. I was born in Florida, dude. Expat here, not alien.