kallini2010 profile image 87

What is the most surprising financial advice you've ever received?

For example, I started "Friday Money Ritual" - emptying all wallets on Friday - only coins - in Canada, our coins start a penny and end up with a twonie - 2 - dollar coin. Before I knew, I opened an account for my son - with one hundred dollars deposit. Of course, he is begging me to spend it, but I won't budge.

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

I agree marrying for money these days... I don't think it is sustainable even. In the "good" old days - there was no choice for women and they were faithful just because they needed financial security. These days, such marriages will fall apart.

Compliance Doctor profile image50

The Compliance Doctor (Compliance Doctor) says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

It does make sense - children are a liability that is why we don't have too many. For generations before us (the age of Technology), children were assets. I do have one son and I don't regret it. I am poor, but he is my EVERYTHING.

BSloan profile image79

Barbara Sloan (BSloan) says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

Very clever! I started saving and teaching my son to save. I also try (I am not very successful yet) to teach him how to earn money - even if it is not much - it teaches the value of effort.