Farmer Rachel profile image 98

What does a gallon of gasoline cost in places other than the US?

I'm really curious. Today I went out for fuel and had to pay $4.09 a gallon!! :/

adjkp25 profile image89

David (adjkp25) says

Horatio Plot profile image84

Horatio Plot says

algarveview profile image90

Joana e Bruno (algarveview) says

• Farmer Rachel profile image

Rachel Koski (Farmer Rachel) 4 years ago

Forgive my ignorance... Are those euros? if so that is very expensive!

• Farmer Rachel profile image

Thanks for answering :) And that's insane!! My next question should be, Is it illegal to use a horse as my primary mode of transportation in the US?

BSloan profile image80

Barbara Sloan (BSloan) says

Casimiro 4 years ago

Maybe you're lucky, maybe you're not. It's difficult to say what the real cost of fuel is in any country because you have to strip away all the taxes first. The U.S. oil industry is heavily subsidized, too, so you're paying for that, too.

Casimiro says

• Farmer Rachel profile image

Thanks for the detailed response, Casimiro! I guess I should just suck it up. I've heard that gas is generally more expensive elsewhere, but good lord, even at $4/gallon I'm breaking my bank!!