moneyfairy profile image 64

I wonder what stores would accept large denominations of money such as $1000 bills or higher?

I recently asked a forum question on what the largest denomination of bills were in circulation and then I got curious as to who would actually accept that large of a bill for a purchase? Curious if any of you know or could even speculate? (Maybe for realestate??) Look forward to your answers.

Stacie L profile image88

Best Answer Stacie L says

• moneyfairy profile image

moneyfairy 4 years ago

I know now that $100 is the highest but at a certain time in history there were $500,$1000, $5000 and yes even $100,000 dollar bills. So I was just curious at that time who would have accepted those bills and for what purchase. Just curious.

JimTxMiller profile image77

Jim Miller (JimTxMiller) says

• moneyfairy profile image

moneyfairy 4 years ago

At one time in American history there were denominations of $500,$1000,$5000 and $100,000. I was just curious what such large bills were used for at the time and who actually accepted them. I've since learned that they were used only by banks and gov