Valene profile image 84

Is it "safe" to get your taxes done for free by one of these local community organizations?

I need to save money on getting taxes done this year and I am considering going to a local non-profit in my community that provides tax services to low and middle income people. Do you think these types of places can do just as good a job as a CPA? I have a very simple return for the most part.

mosesadewo profile image54

mosesadewo says

• Valene profile image

Valene 4 years ago

Thanks for your suggestions!

Sapper profile image68

Sapper says

• Valene profile image

Valene 4 years ago

Thanks! Would you say if I'm getting the standard deduction and not itemizing, there's little room for error with the online stuff like TurboTax? Even though my return is pretty simple, I've always used a CPA and been paranoid about doing it myself.