lilmissmontana profile image 89

What do you do when you have more month than money?

Becoming a stay at home mother recently, my significant other and I have, for the first time, have run into the problem of having more month left over than we do money. It's very hard to comprehend this since we have always been fine before. If this happens to you, what do you do to resolve the problem and how do you change your lifestyle to fit your budget?

Best Answer dashingscorpio says

• lilmissmontana profile image

Erin Nichols (lilmissmontana) 4 years ago

Thank you for the advice. My only concern here being that while a part time job is a good idea, most of them are during the same time as my spouses. Would it be worth it to pay for child care with a part time job. Infant care is expensive.

caseymel profile image93

caseymel says

• lilmissmontana profile image

We love doing puzzles and we don't make five star meals. We eat leftovers and try to make big meals for the smallest amount of money. For us it comes down to the unnecessary stuff. Phones, internet, tv, soda etc.

bydojo profile image83

Ramona Jar (bydojo) says

• lilmissmontana profile image

Thank you for the tips. We are planning to cut out cell bills as soon as our contract is up because its 140 every month for smartphones that we hardly ever use. I never use my data since i have internet at home. It's terrible!

• lilmissmontana profile image

We are working on that. But how do you drop a cell phone plan or television service when you have entered into a contract. We don't eat out often, but we do spend money in other ways that could be used better. Thank you for the advice!