drpennypincher profile image 93

How many credit cards do you have?

I keep a few credit cards open that have had zero balance for years. This boosts my credit score by keeping the available credit ratio high and by boosting the average age of credit accounts. I probably have a total of 10 credit cards. How many credit cards do you have?

MJennifer profile image97

Best Answer Marcy J. Miller (MJennifer) says

• drpennypincher profile image

Dr Penny Pincher (drpennypincher) 4 years ago

MJennifer, it sounds like you are coming out ahead the way you are using credit cards. I often hesitate to get another one, but it is hard to pass up the discounts and special offers. I think I'll close a couple to make room for some new ones soon.

• drpennypincher profile image

ChristinS, I think most people would be better off without any credit cards. The bankers almost always come out ahead in the credit card game. I like to take advantage of the points and deals, but it does take discipline not to overdo it.

• drpennypincher profile image

My wife thinks I have too many credit cards in my stack. I plan to cancel a few of the newer ones with the smallest credit limits.