Billie Kelpin profile image 91

If you were not anywhere near financially ready to retire, would you do it anyway?

Sometimes when you're so financially far behind, it seems like it doesn't make sense NOT to take a risk. There is no way we will ever be able to "comfortably" or maybe even SLIGHTLY comfortably able to retire, so I'm thinking why not do it anyway? We'd focus on our educational software business. We have less than a years' salary in savings, so we're selling our condo to get out of debt, get a class C RV and figure it out as we go. Your thoughts?

CraftytotheCore profile image97

CraftytotheCore says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 3 years ago

Thank you so much Crafty. "I did it for my family" is very helpful. Sometimes we don't realize that not killing ourselves at work is actually "for the family". I like to think that having my husband stop his 4 hour commute each day is just that.

LandmarkWealth profile image86

LandmarkWealth says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 3 years ago

L, Thanks so much!!! My husband is a software engineer n I'm former teacher of the deaf. We have created classic game software for years, but with only me focusing on our business,we haven't made money. If Mike quits,the two of us might succeed.

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 3 years ago

Thank you so much, D. Very helpful! I stopped "working" when my husband was taking "contract software jobs" around the US. We have an ed.software business that I can't seem to run all by myself. If he stops his permanent job, we might make it soar