Efficient Admin profile image 91

Do you tip the servers when you only get takeout?

If you stop by a restaurant and get a to-go order, are you supposed to tip the person who took and submitted your order, even though it is to-go?

Stacie L profile image87

Stacie L says

• Efficient Admin profile image

Efficient Admin 24 months ago

I agree. I got take-out today and noticed on the receipt while paying you could add a tip if desired. I did not leave a tip since it was take-out but started thinking about it. Thank you, I appreciate your input.

robhampton profile image89

Rob Hampton (robhampton) says

• Efficient Admin profile image

Efficient Admin 23 months ago

I agree I didn't think a tip was expected on takeout. Sometimes at Subway or Jersey Mike's Subs there is a jar for tips at the cash register (I just remembered this!). Thank you for your comments.

LaureJ says

• Efficient Admin profile image

Efficient Admin 24 months ago

That is a great idea for a place you go to a lot. I may start doing that if I find a favorite takeout place.

aidenw profile image71

aidenw says

• Efficient Admin profile image

Efficient Admin 24 months ago

Great information to remember. Thank you for these tips.

LoisRyan13903 profile image74

LoisRyan13903 says

• Efficient Admin profile image

Efficient Admin 24 months ago

I agree if the service is really quick and the food is really good perhaps I would leave something. Thanks for your comment.