thranax profile image 28

Honestly, Is it EVEN POSSIBLE to rank on the first page of Google anymore writing on Hubpages?

Since google panda and 3 or 4 other updates I have seen my numbers fall from ok to flatline. Whenever I get a boost in traffic its due to Pintrest. I wrote about 40 articles since Panda and none of them surpass 15k views. How do we proceed to generate a profit nowadays if google ignores us, Pintrest is a bunch of kids clicking on pretty pictures, and all other social media require you to know someone famous or well connected to get traffic anywhere close to what google used to give via keywords?

CWanamaker profile image93

CWanamaker says

lisavollrath profile image93

Lisa Vollrath (lisavollrath) says

• thranax profile image

Andrew (thranax) 2 years ago

Ranking for far and long tail keywords is still very easy but with being specifically just that keyword pulls specifically less traffic =[ The same keyword that pulled up a hub years ago now pull up pintrest rank 2 for them, and the view rate is less

• thranax profile image

Andrew (thranax) 2 years ago

Its a shame because I used to have so many in the top pages and then flatlined. I used to pull in a check every month now im lucky to see one every few. I know increasing my social media stance would help but its so hard to really rank consistently

• thranax profile image

Andrew (thranax) 2 years ago

Pintrest is hyperlinking to my hub for the terms. So im ranked number 2 on pintrest in google for my hub, not the hub itself. So people who dont use pintrest pass by it. Its frustrating. It makes me not want to produce more hubs since the small hits.