peeples profile image 89

Are Go Fund Me campaigns ever successful for normal people without hundreds of friends?

Or is it really just for churches, people wanting to make potato salad, and viral people?

Curiad profile image81

Mark G Weller (Curiad) says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 21 months ago

This is my problem to. It seems people skip right over the real stories and instead donate to "fluff" a lot of time. I also don't have any idea what ways to market it Might not be for me. Glad you got on your feet BTW.

friendlywebguy profile image83

The Friendly Web Guy (friendlywebguy) says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 21 months ago

So spam it? Just seems that would make people not want to help, but I guess it's what I'll have to do.

• peeples profile image

Peeples 21 months ago

I think people are willing to help those who are severely ill, and that is amazing. The hub community is awesome.

sockii profile image88

Nicole Pellegrini (sockii) says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 21 months ago

See I think this is what irks me a bit. People would rather donate to a charity over a regular person down on their luck, but they feel it is ok to donate to help a website upgrade. Am I the only one who thinks that's backwards?

Shelley Weingaert profile image80

Shelley Weingaertner (Shelley Weingaert) says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 21 months ago

That was of course a worthy cause. So lots of photos, and lots of updates. It seems it would need to be shared far and wide. Glad you had some success.