profile image 47

Is it advisable to wait and see if a lender will pursue on a deficiency or should I just BK?

I just completed a short sale on a 80/20 loan. Both lenders did not subject me to signing a promisory note, but their agreement letters in my closing documents make reference to holding me liable to the deficiency. I am unemployed and I live in Oregon to which is an anti- deficiency state. Each bank won't tell me if I'm to expect a 1099C. I'm in limbo now and don't know if I should proceed with a BK or wait and see if they pursue me through collections. The longer I wait the longer I put off getting a BK behind me if that ends up being the case. My credit report shows a charge off on the 2nd.


sort by best latest

wychic profile image90

Rebecca Mikulin (wychic) says

You can help the HubPages community highlight top quality content by ranking this answer up or down.

7 years ago
 |  Comment