1. Never lose your cool. If you have to, go into the other room and scream into a pillow.
2. If help is offered, you're going to want to accept it.
3. Don't ever let your child guilt you by being a single parent.
4. Reserve a time just for you, even if it is a bubble bath or a nice cup of hot chocolate.
5. Get to know your child, this makes single parenting feel less like responsibility and more rewarding.
6. If you feel yourself close to a melt down, try getting a babysitter or a relative to help out.
7. Try doing an activity together, like a puzzle or drawing a picture, this can be very relaxing and helps you create more memories with your child.
8. Never say "I hate you"... this is one of the most damaging things you can ever say to a child.
9. You won't live forever, so remember that it's never too late to get to know your child.
10. Make sure they know that you love them.